Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

one flew over the cuckoos nest

im not one that easily cries at movies, but *Click*made me

also *Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants*

*Titanic* was sad ,but it didnt make me cry

Lilya 4-Ever is absolutely heartbreaking

'Dancer in the Dark'. Someone, already, named it, I agree; made me shiver, still does.

the movie that talked about stalen

im not one that easily cries at movies, but *Click*made me

also *Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants*

*Titanic* was sad ,but it didnt make me cry

sisterhood of the travelling pants?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'm surprised no one said "Life is Beautiful" or "The Pursuit of Happiness" or "Schindler's List", "the Shawshank Redemption"

WARNING: "Ladder 49" spoilers below

the funeral scene

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'd have to say "La Bamba." I remember seeing that when i was younger and being bummed out for a while afterwards. Ritchie Valens, the poor guy, deals with his girlfriend's racist family, his troublemaking brother, and being dirt poor, then becomes a big rock star...and then we all know what happened after that. Ummm, except I had no idea when I saw the film.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Oh and "My Dog Skip"

bah I admitted it!

must shread documents

I'd have to say "La Bamba." I remember seeing that when i was younger and being bummed out for a while afterwards. Ritchie Valens, the poor guy, deals with his girlfriend's racist family, his troublemaking brother, and being dirt poor, then becomes a big rock star...and then we all know what happened after that. Ummm, except I had no idea when I saw the film.

I got the chance to study that movie in depth for one of my classes...i passed it up in favor of The Majestic...I think I made a bad choice.

Whats la bamba about...

ok sad movie...Better Luck Tomorrow

Nicholas and Alexandra

And the worst thing about the movie is that it is all true.
I would argue that the evidence that has come out in the 35 years since its release merely proves that Nicholas and Alexandra were the greatest love story of the 20th Century, with all due respect to David(Edward VIII) and Ms. Simpson.
We now have access to over 150,000 family photos and thousands of letters and documents, they truely were a wonderful love story.

Tom Baker as Rasputin was every bit as brilliant as Janet Suzman as Alexandra and Michael Jayston as Nicholas. He was great as Dr. Who, but as Rasputin he was ominous, senuous and soothing.

I was always curious as to what happened to Roderic Noble as Alexei. He was extraordinary too, but Nicholas and Alexandra was his only movie. That is even more extraordinary than his performance.
I'm waiting for a where are they now show to reveal what happened to him.

How about A.I., I was feeling so blue after watched it.

i think the saddest movie i've ever watched was If Only.

Movie Forums Critic
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Notebook
The dead poet society

Sorry, I haven't read every post in this thread, so maybe missed a mention of LONELY ARE THE BRAVE (Miller 1962).

Nice work by Kirk Douglas, Gena Rowlands, George Kennedy and Walter Matthau in a little film that gets gloomy only at its moving, tragic end. An all-time fave.
Lonely Are the Brave is a great film with fine work by a really good ensemble of actors. It never struck me as particularly sad, however. Douglas' character lived his life by his own rules, making no excuses, asking no pity. He knew what he was up against when he broke jail rather than submit to what was in fact a very short sentence. He knew that running meant risks for both him and his horse. Trying to cross a busy highway at night in heavy rain was a foolish mistake; a person with more patience would have waited for a later hour when the traffic flow had died down and the rain had let up, or scouted down one side of the road or the other to find an underpass to the other side of the road. No one was in hot pursuit at the time. Instead, his decison put him and his horse in danger, with consequences for both. The consequences were more immediate for the horse, but life is often hard for working stock in cattle country--cattle, horses, and even dogs. Cowpokes, too.

Movies I have cried on.....Titanic....The Notebook....StepMom....and my fav. Steal Magnolis

I AM Legend The Part where
WARNING: "I Am Legend" spoilers below
Neville dog died...

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i doubt anyone has ever heard this but Six Weeks just makes me sad. everytime i hear of the play nutcracker i think of this movie. it has dudley moore and mary tyler moore in it...

I AM Legend The Part where
WARNING: "I Am Legend" spoilers below
Neville dog died....
i kinda feel the intense compassion there too dawg

Schindler's List
Shawshank Redemption
I Am Legend (obvious part)
Revenge of the Sith (for all the wrong reasons)

Surely there are many more, but these are the obvious ones that came to me first.