Movie Tab II

Tools    

I had a Die Hard watchathon:

Die Hard- 5/5
Die Harder- 3/5
Die Hard 3- 4/5

A system of cells interlinked
Hollywoodland (Coulter, 2006)

Great stuff. Well played across the board.

Put me in your pocket...
Night and the City (1950) ~ I liked it for the most part. Great cast. Richard Widmark was a perfect slimy small time huslter wanting to make it big, but always falling short. I wish Gene Tierney's part was bigger though.

Along Came Jones (1945) ~ Ok 'B' western with Gary Cooper and Loretta Young.

Bread and Chocolat (Pane e cioccolata) (1973) ~ I liked it alot...very funny at times. I loved Nino Manfredi as the unlucky, desperate for work in a different country main character. However, the ending was a little odd to me (in a not matching the tone of the rest of the movie sort of way).

Antonia's Line (1995) ~ I really liked this for the most part. Great cast and acting....and I liked the accepting people for who they are theme. I only wish some parts of the story were made as clear as other parts of the story...which kinda left me ehhh.

I finally relented and watched Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End, What can i say *yawn*, too long and drawn out, some mildly amusin bits but not one for the collection.

Norbit

Pure crap.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Just curious... Did someone make you watch that film? I can't understand why anyone would waste their time to watch a film that, for sure, will suck.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Just curious... Did someone make you watch that film? I can't understand why anyone would waste their time to watch a film that, for sure, will suck.
I made myself watch it... don't look at me, I'm hideous!

I am having a nervous breakdance
I made myself watch it... don't look at me, I'm hideous!
Lol.. No man, I'm not blaming you for watching it. But if I was in the DVD rental store looking for something to watch that film would probably be one of the last I would choose. I was just curious... I mean, look at the cover!

Oceans Thirteen - Maybe it's because I've seen so many movies with clever twists and turns lately, but this one seemed pretty subdued and dull. I thought the second one was hilarious but everything in this one has already been done with a lot more energy. At least Soderbergh didn't slack on the cinematography.

There's some movie humor in the plot about trying to fool an artificial intelligence with "genuine" acting and the actors getting all misty eyed while they watch Oprah. Hal 9000 for the daytime tv crowd.

Chasing Amy

My first Kevin Smith movie, and it didn't impress me. At all. I hated all the characters, including the ones that are supposed to be likable. I found it a bit too gross-out at times. Man, I don't want to hear about smelly vaginas. Call me a prude if you want! Do people even talk about that? Ever? I also thought the Jay and Silent Bob scene was shoe-horned in to ching-ching cash in on their popularity. It didn't progress the movie at all. It just seems unnecessary.

Jet Li's Fearless - Nice choreography, otherwise not much happening.

Withnail & I - Didn't know Bruce Robinson is the same guy who directed How to get ahead in advertising. It's a little better than that one, a little funnier.

Chasing Amy

My first Kevin Smith movie, and it didn't impress me. At all. I hated all the characters, including the ones that are supposed to be likable. I found it a bit too gross-out at times. Man, I don't want to hear about smelly vaginas. Call me a prude if you want! Do people even talk about that? Ever? I also thought the Jay and Silent Bob scene was shoe-horned in to ching-ching cash in on their popularity. It didn't progress the movie at all. It just seems unnecessary.
Em, if that's the first Kevin Smith you saw, how come you know Jay and Silent Bob?

Chasing Amy

Of course people talk about that.