What was the best movie you watched or rewatched in 2017?

Tools    

I hope you will write a little bit about it, too - what the film and the experience you had with it last year means to you.

For me, it's pretty easy. It was a rewatch near the end of the year - but this time it really resonated with me and has stuck with me since! Now it's an all-time favorite! Anyone who has seen it and loved it probably knows why it resonated with me, one of the most interesting films about love ever made. But I also like movies that were written while they were being made, and this is a prime example of why that kind of process can really make a movie feel more organic and unique. Amazing to me that it seems so detailed and planned out when, as far as I know, it was mostly constructed during production.

Last weekend I bought this shirt (the guy's face was bugging me so I scribbled it out):

Swan again no top 10!?!?!?'
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????

It should be:

1. Halloween
2. Fantastic Planet
3. Take Shelter
4-10. Everything else
Yeah, it probably should be.

For me it's Heat (1995). I have written about my reaction to seeing it properly for the first time on the dedicated thread but to be brief it had a big effect on me.

It would have to be a rewatch for me as I revisited a few favourites in 2017 .... Casablanca runs it reasonably close but it simply has to be Alien for me, I only watch it every few years but it's just chock full of atmosphere with a fantastic set and still pretty damn tense even though I've seen it loads of times and know exactly what's coming.

Of the year 2017, no doubt about it:

But of the 2017's 'overall' viewings?

It's f**king royalty, in my book.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534