The MoFo Filmmaking Thread

Tools    

Today is the big day!
22 hours later I am home again. My entire body is sore, my mind is a steaming pile of mush. I shot my first foot chase!

It wasn't perfect but what film shoot ever is. I got what I needed to tell the story. Got a few really ****ing cool shots. My actresses went the full distance for me and froze their butts off freezing on the asphalt ground at 3 in the morning. Good times sorta.

Master of My Domain
Congrats Foster. I hope the actors respected your authoritah.

I got the beginning minute edited now. It's the most exciting thing I've ever made! That's great because this project is the flagship of my hopes and dreams. But I'm going to put the foot chase portion on hold now and edit Interview with the Vampire Lestat that i filmed like 8 months ago… I need to wrap that up so I can release something!

Sounds great Foster, glad that you're enjoying it. At the moment my friend is still editing a shot film we shot last summer. Kind of wish I edited it myself now, because it's taking a while, but he knows what he's doing and contributed a lot, and I'm sure it'll turn out well done in the end.

I got to see a few scenes from it the other day, which makes me more excited to watch it. Hopefully I'll have a full scene to share soon, at the moment I'll just share another screenshot from it:

editing is hard work. and it can get better if you walk away for a few days and then come back. But if you shot last summer your friend is just procrastinating. Understandable i don't really enjoy the process myself since it feels like a grueling day job.

I sent off Interview with the Vampire Lestat to my composer... I'm guessing it'll be ready for public consumption early april.

For my crime thriller web series criminal bounds.. i just crunched some numbers.. because of my DPs busy life.. work/family, etc we have averaged 1.7 days of shooting per month and are on track to finish mid January 2017 o_0

Oh my god.. 2017.. jesus. gotta find a way to finish earlier even if it means shooting some scenes without him.

I'm going to chop up the parts with clark from episode 2 and turn that into his own miniseries. . this way i don't have to finish the old episode 2 plot line. . i can release them sooner and criminal bounds will just be a character cross-over event

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	clark hair.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	24596  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Can't you make a movie about flowers and animals dancing in the forest? Why do you have to come up with such horrendous ideas?

Can't you make a movie about flowers and animals dancing in the forest? Why do you have to come up with such horrendous ideas?
From an indie filmmaking standpoint this script is amazing.
2 actors, no cameraman, 1 location, super intense drama.

What more can you ask for from a production standpoint?
I tried making a comedy once but it wasn't funny.

A clear indication that comedy is not my forte

Can't you make a movie about flowers and animals dancing in the forest?
The very first thing I ever made was LITERALLY about flowers and animals dancing in the forest.

How is that for wish fulfillment? You better watch it now, it's exactly what you requested.

Cool. Now you can move to torture horror.
Might as well give it a shot.
The flowers and dancing animals got me 169 views in 3 years.

I believe this horror film will dramatically outperform that number.

Hell you even wanted dancing animals by request and you didn't watch it.
Dancing animals is not where it's at. I've tested the market.

My family was having a superhero party at the same time I was filming a important final scene for my superhero movie.
I had to move a mattress.

It was such an inconvenience to their party about superhero movies to have a movie being filmed about a superhero.
A Mattress. Strange how people that celebrate something could care so little about the people trying to create that art.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This would I've been working on something.. Probably more of an exercise. I'm using a store as a setting. I plan on muting the video sound and inserting dialogue from my published writings that could work out, and maybe some new stuff.

Here's a little I figured out. I made one 30 second video recording my friend who works here. Then a customer I know for about 10 seconds. I cut the videos up, so I could transition them as back and forth dialogue.... I record when I drive, sometimes tilting the camera at an angle so it doesn't pick up the roads..

I made a video a few years ago, when Youtube would only allow up to 15 minutes. This was originally 47 minutes long, and the two laptops and two computers have crashed, so this is a very short video collage of my travels from 2004-2014, but what's being said is much more important...

Well here's a little history -

Last summer, I attended a week-long film summer camp at Capital University in Columbus. There the students were divided into two groups and each group made a film. The reason why I delayed showing it to you all was because it revealed my full name (Andrew Bovenzi), and since elementary school, guidance counselors said "don't give your name to strangers online because they'll kidnap you." Since I know no one here will do that and you are not strangers anymore, I began signing my PMs as Andrew versus FM a few months ago so I felt it was time to show you this.

Each student in each group made their own edit of the film and the entire camp voted for the best edit of each film. I was very slow during this process (I hate editing) and I couldn't put in all of the music in time which is why my edit was incomplete. I did not like the other group's film.

I also just finished my first short film in a non-collaborative effort (i.e. I was sole director) during my high school's TV Production 3. Hope you enjoy both films.