Movies Centered Around Single Outcast Women?

Tools    

She's inadvertently given me two 8/10 (so rare nowadays for me) movie choices (Forest For The Trees, Paradise: Love) because I happened to love the poster on a thread. Both German newer movies, too. Both centered around single women.
THE Forest for the Trees (there’s another movie called Forest for the Trees from 2021) is 2003 so wouldn’t say it’s “newer”. Paradise: Love is Austrian not German.

I tend to love these movies. I just used the term "Outcast" as am umbrella. It could be a 35-yr old woman who's a virgin (Rachel, Rachel) or a woman who might be shy, overweight (Sugarbaby)... Especially movies where there might be characters, but they're in the background while we see her in public, but also in private, when she's all alone. She might be masturbating, eating, crying, watching TV, but they usually get the audience to emphasize with her, although that isn't the important thing. It is nice to "fall in love" with a woman on screen, because you can sorta be in the movie, vicariously, maybe placing yourself in a role, where your imagination can roam free with hers.

Anyway, I recommend those movies:
-Rachel, Rachel (1967)
-Sugarbaby (1985) - which is on Prime, but also on YouTube

LOVE Rachel, Rachel...saw it for the first time a couple of years ago...Joanne Woodward was brilliant.

I guess any film starring Roseanne Barr?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
LOVE Rachel, Rachel...saw it for the first time a couple of years ago...Joanne Woodward was brilliant.

I fell in love with her on the screen.. I loved her narration. One of my favorite performances. And one of the best opening scenes ever.

I don't actually wear pants.
Does V for Vendetta count? Natalie Portman's character is the focus alongside V, and she is outcast as a whistle blower and a woman. From what I remember, that is. I've only seen the movie once and like ten years ago.

The trick is not minding
Malena

A woman (played magnificently by Monica Belluci) in Italy learns her husband is missing and presumed dead during WW2 and does what she can to survive, which leads to her being ostracized by the community, who were already jeaous of looks.

Does V for Vendetta count? Natalie Portman's character is the focus alongside V, and she is outcast as a whistle blower and a woman. From what I remember, that is. I've only seen the movie once and like ten years ago.

I saw this about ten years ago, too, on a flight to Australia. I remember many people in it, the corruption. I seem to remember the mask more than her. I also don't remember it, except the theme of... the way things are today I guess; except with different clothing.

Never seen it. Added it to my Netflix Q.

I second "May" and " Sherrybaby". I'll add "Young Adult".
Sherrybaby with Maggie Gyllenhaal is an excellent movie.

Hmmm. The Whisperers, perhaps? Much older lady.
I don't know if it was you who recommended this for a previous HoF, but I want to reiterate how much I adored the performance from Edith Evans in this. What an emotional rollercoaster. To this day, I still include it among my favorite female performances ever.

The first film that came to mind for this was Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts; an Indonesian film I keep finding ways to pimp around here or elsewhere. Love it!

The trick is not minding
I don't know if it was you who recommended this for a previous HoF, but I want to reiterate how much I adored the performance from Edith Evans in this. What an emotional rollercoaster. To this day, I still include it among my favorite female performances ever.
Yeah, ‘‘twas me. Glad you enjoyed it.

The trick is not minding
The first film that came to mind for this was Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts; an Indonesian film I keep finding ways to pimp around here or elsewhere. Love it!

Really good film! Hype it up!

An important part of Zorba the Greek (1964) rather follows that description. Irene Papas was phenomenal as the town's widow who resists remarriage. Of course everyone was first rate in that film.

Never seen it. Added it to my Netflix Q.

Sherrybaby with Maggie Gyllenhaal is an excellent movie.

"Rachel Rachel" is a movie I love, despite it only being a 7.5/10

If you liked Sherrybaby, try "Sugarbaby" (the German movie on my OP) which was the original.