MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Justin vs Adam is fun.
Justin has a legit chance to over take Adam with Chubb. Bengals trailing means Mixon won’t see much usage outside a few dump offs.

Well, that was ridiculous and sad. I did not crest a hundred points...and yet for the second time this season I have beaten the top-ranked team. Beyond unlikely.

All you have to know is Derrick Henry had a monster game with 228 yards of offense and a pair of TDs in Tennessee's beating of Houston for 35.30 points. I had nobody else make double digits, including QB Daniel Jones who I picked up off of the waiver wire like dogdirt on the lawn while Herbert and The Chargers were on BYE. Mostert and the running game were barely involved in Miami's big win, Saint Taysom Hill ceded all of his work to Kamara who was back in 2019 form, Gus Edwards was looking good for Baltimore until he strained his hamstring after a 22-yard run, and on and on.

I was done after the 4:00pm Sunday window and managed only 91.72 total points. On the other side, Titletown had some crap results too, including an unlikely 0.70 from Davante Adams. But he had TWO players left for MNF - Bengals star QB Joe Burrow and kicker Evan McPherson. He needed 34.83 points between them. Might have made for a tight night especially as Burrow's last two fantasy totals were 45.24 against Arizona and 38.50 against New Orleans. Those of you who watched the Halloween game know Cleveland absolutely dominated the line. After the first half Joe had barely a point after an interception, losing a fumble, and suffering sack after sack. He got some late garbage positives when the game was well out of hand but still finished with only 17.48 points in the rout. McPherson was even worse, making only one extra point.

I won 91.72 to 75.38. So I am back to .500 at 4-4. Ugly.

I would have liked it to be much closer, for Burrow to have a more Burrow-like showing. In my other league it was down to my QB versus my opponent's, at a near tie going into MNF. He had Jacoby Brissett starting in place of Herbert and I had Burrow. I lost 119.42 to 116.38. I needed one more drive by Cincy. Had I pulled it out I would have been in first place all by myself. Now I drop down to third. Ugly again.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I just saw on the league page but by the time I got here his recaps already posted. Holden got not just the upset of the week, but maybe even the whole season. Congrats Broker!

Zoinks, what a week. Record book entries:
  • Adam's score was the 26th highest in league history
  • Justin's was the 45th highest
  • Their combined score was the third highest in league history
  • Justin now has the highest losing score in league history
  • PW's score was the 50th highest losing score
  • This was just the second week this season that either Raul or Spaulding didn't have the top score

The trick is not minding
Good thing Adam got the win because next week looks super rough with, like, half of his team on a bye.

The trick is not minding
Jeff Wilson to Miami

Hockenson to Minnesota

Claypool to Chicago

Nyhiem Hines to Buffalo.

Zack Moss to Indianapolis

Chase Edmonds to Denver

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Jeff Wilson to Miami

Hockenson to Minnesota

Claypool to Chicago

Nyhiem Hines to Buffalo.

Zack Moss to Indianapolis

Chase Edmonds to Denver
And nobody to Green Bay. Not surprised

And nobody to Green Bay. Not surprised

Definition of insanity but I'm not even upset about it this season like I have been in the past. If they don't surrender a late 1st rounder or a couple of 2nd rounders for a player that could actually put them over the top in previous years, years where they may have had a legit shot at the title, why would they do it with a 3-5 team? They also like having multiple bites at the apple, similar to another pro franchise a little south of them.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Definition of insanity but I'm not even upset about it this season like I have been in the past. If they don't surrender a late 1st rounder or a couple of 2nd rounders for a player that could actually put them over the top in previous years, years where they may have had a legit shot at the title, why would they do it with a 3-5 team? They also like having multiple bites at the apple, similar to another pro franchise a little south of them.
Think we need a culture change. This draft and develop stuff has gone down the tubes a bit the past 5 or so years. We had a good run of it though.

The trick is not minding
Surprisingly, Kareem Hunt and Brandin Cooks weren’t traded, the former more so.

Cooks was close to going to Dallas, I’ve read, but Dallas balked at his contract.