MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I was going nuts when it went into OT. That would've been an all timer, loss wise.
Yeah, I figured you would have. My thought was “Uh oh. Yoda isn’t going to like that….”

Yeah I didn't watch most of it, I just got home after a softball game and realized it was close and watched a bit here and there. Those things are so agonizing and random.

Anyway, closest match of the year so far. We've been playing long enough that that margin's only the 56th-closest margin of victory in league history, though, if you can believe that.

Forgot to mention that Spaulding's 90+ margin of victory last week is a new league record, though. Couple high entries for lowest scores/lowest combined scores, too, as scoring in general was way down the last couple of weeks (this week in particular).

Fun fact: Fabulous won with a score of 84.18. That's the 32nd-lowest winning score in league history, tied with...himself. He won with the exact same score in Week 12 of 2018.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
If my RBs can find any sort of rhythm (or if Elliott can find any sort of consistency) I could have a shot in making the playoffs. Any team with both Jefferson and Adams in a PPR league could be a threat. Also if Mitchell doesn't get hurt and I still have Pittman that's one hell of a 3 headed WR monster. But there's a lot of what ifs in this game.

The trick is not minding
Brown will miss several weeks, which is better than a whole season as had been rumored. Outside of Pittman, I don’t have much in the way of reliable WR, unless Pierce, Smith-Schuster, Doubs and Samuels can contribute enough here and there. That means at least around 10 points. If they can contribute something, I should still be ok heading into the second half of the season.

I hope….

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I basically beat myself up over it year in and year out. Football would probably be more fun to watch without it, but I will never quite learn.

Well, to me, in an ostensibly strategic game random is almost a synonym for bad. Good game design usually seeks to minimize randomness, or at least keep it to a small level just to keep things interesting. But to each their own, of course.

Hell if you want to change it up lets do auction next year. Just a one time thing at very least, just to see if we like it. We can let it settle into our mindset this season.

Well, at least there was no suspense. I knew I was doomed, so when I struggled to get to even sixty points, I didn't cry or yell. It was inevitable. In this season so far I have given the last remaining unbeaten team their first (and still only) loss as well as giving the last winless team their first win. Oy.

I am already at that stage where I don't expect to be competitive any longer, and in Week 6 when my one, true stud (Derrick Henry) was on a BYE, I had less than no chance. With Penny being gone for the season I had nobody to run out as a semi-realistic second back. But the one position I had a little bit of depth at, being Tight End, made Hayden Hurst just attractive enough that Powdered Water offered up Raheem Mostert as a trade. Mostert is far from a slam dunk, but with Rex Burkhead maybe my "best" choice from the bench, it at least gives me somebody to run out who has a ceiling higher than six or seven points...even if he doesn't hit it consistently.

Mostert is indeed Miami's number one back. In Week 6 that didn't translate to much: 49 yards and a catch for -1 yard in The Dolphins loss to Minnesota. At least his projections are in the low double digits. Even Burkhead was on a BYE so I plugged in Seattle's Deejay Dallas who was projected to be their third down back in the wake of Penny's absence. He may well be down the line, but in the win over the flailing Cardinals it was Ken Walker all day. Deejay had two carries for one total yard with zero targets. Yikes.

A week after Taysom Hill went nuts for 36 Fantasy points on my bench I started him in desperation against The Bengals and he rewarded me with a quiet 55 combined yards. I started Baltimore's Devin Duvernay in my FLEX spot and he had a single 14-yard catch in the upset loss to The Giants. My two starting WRs were just OK, though compared to the near goose eggs laid by the others they were practically All-Pro. Deebo Samuel had 90 scoreless yards and Christian Kirk wasn't a complete washout because he managed a TD on one of his four, short catches.

Good thing it wasn't close because Justin Herbert was listless when he wasn't being sacked in the limp win over Denver on MNF. 238 passing yards but no scores as Austin Eckler got all the glory. Herbert did complete a pass to the Broncos. He finished with an anemic 8.42 points. Yowza.

So Derrick Henry is back this week and Herbert should have a get-right game against Seattle. But even if those guys are on track and get me a combined 50+ points between them near their ceilings, I seriously may not be able to manage another 40 to even reach a hundred with the other seven slots.

The forecast is grim.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Yahoo glitched on the scores suddenly. All defenses awarded 0 point shut outs it looks like. I’m sure it’ll be fixed by morning, but it’s amusing nonetheless.

Hell if you want to change it up lets do auction next year. Just a one time thing at very least, just to see if we like it. We can let it settle into our mindset this season.
I would love love love to do this but we'd need the majority of owners to support it, I think. Anyone else interested?

It's more time, and more work, but on the flipside everybody has a shot at every single player.