The Handmaid's Tale

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ugh, agreed! I'm enjoying it too, but honestly, I am so sick of June's frowny face in every other scene. I don't think the writers know whether they want her to seem like a psycho or just a mother bear protecting her cubs. Because in the same episode, she waffles back and forth between those two extremes. Several times. And it gets a little less convincing every time.

I honestly assumed this was the last season.

Ugh, agreed! I'm enjoying it too, but honestly, I am so sick of June's frowny face in every other scene. I don't think the writers know whether they want her to seem like a psycho or just a mother bear protecting her cubs. Because in the same episode, she waffles back and forth between those two extremes. Several times. And it gets a little less convincing every time.

I honestly assumed this was the last season.
Agreed! Fear for your life Serena & stay away from windows!

IMO, it would have been better to have 10 episodes or maybe a few more in this season & bring it to a conclusion. It’s obvious that June’s husband has had enough of this ++++.

Agreed! Fear for your life Serena & stay away from windows!

IMO, it would have been better to have 10 episodes or maybe a few more in this season & bring it to a conclusion. It’s obvious that June’s husband has had enough of this ++++.
After some of the crap June has pulled recently, I'm surprised he's still around at all. And that's not even his baby!

After some of the crap June has pulled recently, I'm surprised he's still around at all. And that's not even his baby!
I know. He’s a saint, but I prefer sexy Nick.

Saint or idiot. You decide.

And yes, I prefer Nick too. And of course, we're gonna see June go back inside ONE MORE TIME because clearly she can't get enough of that place. I envision her, Hannah, and Nick all escaping together. His new wife? Unsure what will happen to her. She seems too normal.

Saint or idiot. You decide.

And yes, I prefer Nick too. And of course, we're gonna see June go back inside ONE MORE TIME because clearly she can't get enough of that place. I envision her, Hannah, and Nick all escaping together. His new wife? Unsure what will happen to her. She seems too normal.
What’s with the new wife? How come he tells her secrets? (One of the worst scenes was when Eden, Nick’s first wife, was drowned. So scary.)

What’s with the new wife? How come he tells her secrets? (One of the worst scenes was when Eden, Nick’s first wife, was drowned. So scary.)
Yeah, somewhere I seem to have missed when and where Nick decided to confide more in his wife than most commanders do. She seems legit, though, so what's up with that?

Yeah, somewhere I seem to have missed when and where Nick decided to confide more in his wife than most commanders do. She seems legit, though, so what's up with that?
You didn’t miss a thing. She just popped up out of nowhere without any exposition.

Great episode this week. Finally. Looks like Serena & June are going all Thelma & Louise. @Austruck

Great episode this week. Finally. Looks like Serena & June are going all Thelma & Louise. @Austruck
I kept wondering how Luke and June were going to get out of that bind they were in. But as soon as Serena realized she was going to be treated like little more than a handmaid herself, I think it dawned on her just what women like June have been going through in Gilead. Remember, she wasn't allowed to even READ in Gilead, but then in Toronto was allowed to read, write, and even conduct business as that emissary. Once back in a commander's home, she saw just what would be waiting for her once she gave birth. Somebody was already planning to take that baby from her, I'm sure.

Nothing quite like maternal fierceness to whip you back to reality. This duo might be the key to the complete downfall of Gilead... something we are all expecting to see in any sort of series ending.

I kept wondering how Luke and June were going to get out of that bind they were in. But as soon as Serena realized she was going to be treated like little more than a handmaid herself, I think it dawned on her just what women like June have been going through in Gilead. Remember, she wasn't allowed to even READ in Gilead, but then in Toronto was allowed to read, write, and even conduct business as that emissary. Once back in a commander's home, she saw just what would be waiting for her once she gave birth. Somebody was already planning to take that baby from her, I'm sure.

Nothing quite like maternal fierceness to whip you back to reality. This duo might be the key to the complete downfall of Gilead... something we are all expecting to see in any sort of series ending.
Mrs Wheeler is terrifying.

What about the creepy OB/GYN? Examines Serena’s lower parts & then asks for a date.

Looking forward to next week, which never happens.

Mrs Wheeler is terrifying.

What about the creepy OB/GYN? Examines Serena’s lower parts & then asks for a date.

Looking forward to next week, which never happens.
Yeah, that was pretty hilariously creepy. "Wow, look that vajay-jay! Wanna go out to dinner?" Umm... yuck.

I'm also looking forward to next week. Also, I'm pretty sure one of the guards who grabbed Luke said, "Dump him at the border," so I assume they're just gonna, well, dump him at the border and forget about him. That was probably a mistake on their part, long-term.

Yeah, that was pretty hilariously creepy. "Wow, look that vajay-jay! Wanna go out to dinner?" Umm... yuck.

I'm also looking forward to next week. Also, I'm pretty sure one of the guards who grabbed Luke said, "Dump him at the border," so I assume they're just gonna, well, dump him at the border and forget about him. That was probably a mistake on their part, long-term.
Yes, they were gonna dump Luke. He needs to go back to Canada & take care of Nichole.