Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I really like the director Andrea Arnold’s work.

Don’t usually watch short films, but these 3 of hers are really good. Milk, Dog & Wasp. My fave, the 3rd one, won an Oscar.
The only one I've seen is Milk, which I was very pleased to find as I haven't seen Lynda Steadman in that much apart from Career Girls, a favourite film of mine. I thought it was excellent so I'll certainly look out for the others. Just out of interest where did you see them? I found Milk on YouTube.

“I was cured, all right!”
The Architecture of Doom (1989) - Peter Cohen

★★★★
Blindly bought this DVD. This documentary shows the relation between Nazism and art, and how Hitler preached through it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Lovers and Other Strangers - 8/10
Good humored romantic comedy. I heard about this 20 years ago in some Godfather special scene, where Diane Keaton says she worked with Richard Castellana before, his daughter-in-law in this movie.

Robin Hood (2018)

Realistic historical movie about the crusades, their reasons and live in late 12th century England. Well, maybe not exactly that but far more enjoyable than I expected anyways.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★
When Lucas visited Martin Scorsese's massive Gangs of New York set, he said: "sets like this, can be done in computer now...". Thank God in 1977 he couldn't.

Blindspotting 2018

Creative, original, fast paced, well acted, fresh, current and engaging with good music and clever bars. I guess it's safe to say, the Oscar's 'blind spotted' this movie.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)

★★★★
When Lucas visited Martin Scorsese's massive Gangs of New York set, he said: "sets like this, can be done in computer now...". Thank God in 1977 he couldn't.
Lol. Lucas...gets a bit carried away doesn’t he.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
★★★★
It PAINS m to see the Gangs of New York received 10 Nominations at the Oscars....and walked away with nothing.

Art Direction loss to Chicago...come on.

Costume loss to Chicago....come on.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I always wondered what it would've looked like if Scorsese had managed to actually get this made when he first acquired the rights back in the late-'70s, possibly with De Niro as Bill. I still like the movie as is, though (and yeah, the idea of this losing anything to Chicago is an embarrassment).

Last movie watched...

Trafic -

M. Hulot is Mr. Bean for sapiosexuals.

The Rider 2017

Beautiful and down to earth western drama. Best cinematography nominee in my book. (Released April 19, 2018 in my country)

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
WARNING: spoilers below
Please use code for spoilers. You may possibly have ruined this movie for those of us who are yet to see it.

Sorry, I don't know how, that's why I wrote the warning.