70-61
60-51
50-41
40-31
30-21
20-11
10-1
Honorable Mentions

I’ve been working on this for a while, and I’m still not content with everything, but I got tired of waiting. Keep in mind that I tried not to take the quality of the films into account; they're purely favorites. And... I'm to lazy to do write-ups for every one.

100. Deliverance (1972)

99. Dark Days (2000)
A really bleak documentary about homeless life under an NYC subway. Surprisingly, it has a pretty uplifting conclusion too.

98. Subway (1985)
... and a really non-bleak movie about homeless life inside a Paris subway. It might be a little too 80s for some, but that's why I love it.

97. Franz Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life (1995)
A cheap feeling short film about Kafka’s fantastic and frenetic imagination while writing The Metamorphosis. Of course it’s pretty weird, but I think it’s tongue in cheek enough to still be entertaining for a general audience.

96. Dagon (2001)
Cheesy monster movie with uber-cheap effects, but Stuart Gordon’s films usually have the distinction of an eerie, bizarre atmosphere, and this is probably his best work in that regard.

95. The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

94. The Tenant (1976)

93. Sin City (2005)

92. The Pendulum, the Pit and Hope (1984)

91. Abominable (2006)
To prove that I really don’t care about the quality of films that go on this list: a movie that made its debut on the syfy channel. It’s b-movie to the core, and makes its rounds with silly scenarios, dialogue, and special effects (such as bigfoot eating a guy’s face off or literally squishing someone with one foot). It’s terrifically entertaining though, especially with company, and a surround sound system to emphasize the sudden shocks.

This is probably the first time I've seen somebody post up 10 movies in a row where I actually could sit and watch all 10.

Faves so far are Sin City and Deliverance...

Look forward to the rest!

Very exciting! Frank Kafkas It's A Wonderful Life is one of my all time favorite short films, I think it's you who reccomended it to me. I'm yet to see that Svankmajer film you listed, but since I love his other and I own it, I will soon. I've already stated my displeasure with SIn City before.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I love Sin City and Deliverance. Dark Days is a great documentary and one that I've seen many times.

Must see Dagon and Abominable. I'm always down for a cheesy monster movie.

Only seen Deliverance and Sin City of those, the first I thought was great when I watched it although it has been a while so I could only give it a
at the moment, Sin City on the other hand I have watched a few times fairly recently and I think that it's brilliant, one of my favourite 21st century films and a
from me.

I’ve been working on this for a while, and I’m still not content with everything, but I got tired of waiting. Keep in mind that I tried not to take the quality of the films into account; they're purely favorites. And... I'm to lazy to do write-ups for every one.

100. Deliverance (1972)

98. Subway (1985)
... and a really non-bleak movie about homeless life inside a Paris subway. It might be a little too 80s for some, but that's why I love it.

95. The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

93. Sin City (2005)
+ rep for those. I've not seen Subway in forever. I think Phantom was the first non-comedic silent film that I ever saw. I think I was about 14 or 15 and it was on in the early hours of a Sunday morning.

It's a good start. Looking forward to the others.

90. Demolition Man (1993)

89. There Will Be Blood (2007)

88. The Hour-Glass Sanatorium (1973)
Easily one of the best looking films of all time, and one of the most potentially inspirational lesser known films on here, but the lack of any cohesive story is a bit of a drag.

87. CHUD (1984)

86. The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)
As a thirteen year old frantically checking off films from numerous online best horror movie lists, this was probably my first truly memorable step into classic cinema. Memorable because it’s the first film that carried my cinematic obsession away from purely horror movies, and kindled an interest for filmmaking in general. Apart from that, I still find it really enjoyable, with probably the eeriest atmosphere of all the Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes films.

85. Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

84. Kind Hearts & Coronets (1949)

83. The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997)
This is actually my favorite Bill Murray movie (!). The humor is pretty immature, and you’ll probably hate it if you can’t suspend a large amount of disbelief, but I think it’s hilarious. I can’t recall a film that I’ve laughed so hard at while watching alone.

82. The Conversation (1974)
If anyone's interested,
an awesome ambient Clock DVA song set to samples of The Conversation.

81. Le Samourai (1967)

I wouldn't normally + rep for just one film, but you've listed Demolition Man, so I have to. You've also have The Hound of the Baskervilles on there, so that's cool, too.

Hmmm, the only one I've seen from this set is There Will be Blood. Technically it's a great film, but it's not outstanding in a personal sense. I'd give it
. I want to see Kind Hearts

Wow I have only seen like 3 movies from this list. I heard the conversation is good but read it drags on a bit.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I also love Demolition Man.

90. Demolition Man (1993)

89. There Will Be Blood (2007)

88. The Hour-Glass Sanatorium (1973)
Easily one of the best looking films of all time, and one of the most potentially inspirational lesser known films on here, but the lack of any cohesive story is a bit of a drag.

87. CHUD (1984)

86. The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)
As a thirteen year old frantically checking off films from numerous online best horror movie lists, this was probably my first truly memorable step into classic cinema. Memorable because it’s the first film that carried my cinematic obsession away from purely horror movies, and kindled an interest for filmmaking in general. Apart from that, I still find it really enjoyable, with probably the eeriest atmosphere of all the Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes films.

85. Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

84. Kind Hearts & Coronets (1949)

83. The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997)
This is actually my favorite Bill Murray movie (!). The humor is pretty immature, and you’ll probably hate it if you can’t suspend a large amount of disbelief, but I think it’s hilarious. I can’t recall a film that I’ve laughed so hard at while watching alone.

82. The Conversation (1974)
If anyone's interested,
an awesome ambient Clock DVA song set to samples of The Conversation.

81. Le Samourai (1967)
Nice picks there. I love The Conversation, Le Samourai, TWBB, and The Hound of the Baskervilles.

Also, The Hour-Glass Sanatorium looks cool; I'm gonna try to check it out.

80. 1/2 Mensch (1986)
A sort of crazy ‘art’ film that features Einsturzende Neubauten (pretty much at their peak of insanity) performing in a dilapidated industrial building. If you’re not fond of experimental music or film, you’ll most definitely hate this.

79. The Great Escape (1963)

78. Dementia (1955)
Probably the darkest, most bizarre movie I’ve seen out of the 1950’s. A dialogue-free surrealist noir attributed to the beat generation; this is about as out of the norm as anything you can find from its time period.

77. A Scanner Darkly (2006)

76. Cypher (2002)
From Vincenzo Natali (who made Cube), comes another original and otherworldly premise. This one is much more maturely written and presented than the other Natali films I've seen though.

75. Mulholland Dr. (2001)
It’s extraordinarily difficult to summarize, and one could never run out of ideas or theories regarding its meaning or comprehension. For so long a runtime, I’m still surprised that Lynch was able to pull off such uninhibited surrealism so accessibly. For those unfamiliar with bizarre cinema, this is the place to start.

74. Kin-dza-dza! (1986)
If Terry Gilliam made a Soviet film, it might turn out something like this. As a comedy, it’s not really too funny, but as a sci-fi adventure, it’s consistently interesting.

73. U-Turn (1997)
One of Oliver Stone's more idiosyncratic films, though not a complete trip ala Natural Born Killers. It presents a quirky western small town, with the desert playing the best role.

72. Down to the Cellar (1983)
My favorite short film from Jan Svankmajer, who isn’t represented much on this list despite being one of my favorite filmmakers. This is a good intro to his work. It’s not too weird (at least by Svankmajer standards), and it’s only about 10 minutes long.

71. Misery (1990)