Need advice: how can I stay cool while sleeping?

Tools    

Just get to the point. I can’t stand hot weather. I feel hot almost 24/7. I can’t sleep well cause I’m hot. Every morning I find myself in a pool of my sweat.. Well I was told cool pillows can help me feel good while sleep. Have you got any experience with it? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys for helping! Taking cold showers helps a bit but for little time. Should I try cool beer instead haha? My windows are open, no sheets on my body and I'm testing my new cooling pillow. As I'm a newbie just got to the random site smarthomedesk.com/best-cooling-pillow/ and got one of these pillows. Looks wierd but it helps tho. It keeps me fresh a bit longer so I can fall asleep faster. So if you have the same trouble, try it!

Well, the obvious solution is air conditioning of some kind. I assume that's not an option since you didn't mention it. Didn't mention fans either, though, so I can't really tell what solutions, if any, you've already tried. Air flow helps a lot.

My wife has this issue sometimes and she usually just puts a wet cloth on her head and it helps.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Avoid odd bed sheet material like flannel. Higher thread count creates a smoother texture with subjectively stays cooler than cheaper, lower thread counts, in my opinion. Get a free-standing rotary fan. Either a taller one on the floor to blow over you or a smaller rotary type to place on a nightstand or headboard shelf. 3-speed ideally as the 1-speeds are crap. Open 2 windows to create airflow. Opening just one probably isn't worth the effort.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Air flow, air conditioning, and nudity.

The more air you have passing over you, the cooler you will feel. The colder the air passing over you, the cooler you will feel. If you have nothing covering your body, more cool air will pass over you and less warm air will be trapped around you.

1. 100% cotton sheets, don't use any sheet on top of your body
  2. Get yourself a chair, put a fan on top of the chair. Not only will it cool you down (probably too much) but mosquitoes won't bite you, many people don't know, but mosquitoes can't fly when they carry wind on their wings.
  3. Americans do not have this much in use, unlike the japanese people for example, but always shower at night, i don't know how some people can go to a clean bed after a day of sweat and tiredness without taking a shower. To me it's a filthy practice, i would never would it.

If none of this work, you can always buy a tent and sleep outside during the summer. If none, of none, of none of this work, my uncle does a rain dance, you have to feed him and buy the plain ticket.

Drink a glass of ice water, that will cool your inner core off. Though you might have to get up in the night and take a leak.

Yes. The problem though would be your core temperature rising from the physical activity of going to urinate. The solution to this new problem would be, of course, to drink second glass of ice water. Or possibly a cold shower while in the rest room before returning to bed. Either option should work fine.

Air flow, air conditioning, and nudity.

The more air you have passing over you, the cooler you will feel. The colder the air passing over you, the cooler you will feel. If you have nothing covering your body, more cool air will pass over you and less warm air will be trapped around you.
Agreed. Exactly like a PC processor heat sink radiator. The more surface area you can expose to the cooler air, the more heat transfer you can accomplish. I would recommend not overclocking too, to keep temps reasonably low. Be sure to use a quality thermal paste as some lesser brands are not as efficient.

Agreed. Exactly like a PC processor heat sink radiator. The more surface area you can expose to the cooler air, the more heat transfer you can accomplish. I would recommend not overclocking too, to keep temps reasonably low. Be sure to use a quality thermal paste as some lesser brands are not as efficient.
I recommend applying artic silver 5 to one's ass before going to bed, that way you transfer maximum heat to the bed below

Try a net/open pattern hammock if thats an option. Get air flow underneath you as well as on top.

Well, the obvious solution is air conditioning of some kind. I assume that's not an option since you didn't mention it. Didn't mention fans either, though, so I can't really tell what solutions, if any, you've already tried. Air flow helps a lot.

My wife has this issue sometimes and she usually just puts a wet cloth on her head and it helps.
My fan is broken down, so I need another way out til I fix it.

1. Run a fan next to your bed with the idea of cooling down your sheets not your physical body.

2. Set your pillows in a n formation so your head will switch to different pillows subconsciously

3. Experiment with different sheets, pillows, clothing and especially socks

I wear shades to bed which I think keep me pretty cool through the night. At least until they fall off and I roll on them, then I look a bit of a twonk tbh.