Do you consider GoodFellas one of the GOATs?

Tools    

I really do think it is a flawless film on the level of The Godfather. De Niro, Liotta, and Pesci give some of the best performances ever, and I really do think it's Scorsese's best film (narrowly beating Taxi Driver, which I also think can be in the running)

I never really see it brought up in "greatest of all time" discussions though. It's number 1 on the 90's countdown, which I definitely agree with. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks that it's really one of the best, like I do.

Taxi Driver is much better to me. But I do love it.
Do you guys consider Taxi Driver to be a GOAT?

It's better than The Godfather.
I think they're on about the same level really. I firmly believe if GoodFellas was made at least five years earlier it would've been much more praised.

Perfect film. Definitely one of the GOATs.

I first saw this thread on the sidebar and thought you were asking if the movie Goodfellas was like a Goat.
Lol nah. Greatest of all time.

Damn right! Or couldn't you tell?
I could tell that it was your favorite, but wasn't sure if you really thought it was one of the greatest ever made. It does have a good case though!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
In my lifetime for sure.

The soundtrack was a staple of my teenage arsenal.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I never really see it brought up in "greatest of all time" discussions though..

Seriously? People go on about Goodfellas all the time. Personally, I don't like it, not a goat for me.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Yes. As close to perfection as films get.

What is suppose to be GOATs? No I don't want to search it
It means Greatest of All Time. When I think of "greatest" I think of everything else that goes with the film, like its social impact, its influence in film, its relevance, etc. as well as being a great film apart from all that. I don't necessarily think greatest equals best, but some do. So by my reasoning, I'd say The Godfather is the greatest mobster film of all time, but I like both about the same. And for the record I prefer Taxi Driver to Goodfellas.

Absolutely. It's one of the funnest movies ever.