What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Right this very second, I am listening to The Who, Live at the Isle of Wight, 1970. It's just so noisy and brilliant. I really am going to miss them.

R.I.P. John Entwistle....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Now With Moveable Parts
Smokey Robinson...
especially Cruisin'

crazed out movie freak
For now i am listening to Avril Lavigne- Complicated. I don't care if it's not a typical guy song I like it.

Flood by Jars of Clay. Big hit a few years ago. The band is, if I'm remembering correctly, the first real Christian band to ever have an album crack the Top 50. Why? Because Flood was thought by many to be about a woman, rather than God, so it got a fair amount of airplay. How funny is that?

They've dropped off significantly since, of course, but it's still a good song.

crazed out movie freak
Licoln Park-Hybrid Theory. Can't say one song because I usually start that one at number one and let it ride. Man that cd rocks.

Beware the Moon
Gary Moore's "Ballads & Blues" album at the moment. Excellent stuff, especially "Parisienne Walkways" and "Still Got The Blues".

Right now I'm listening to T-roy play guitar.

It's loud.

And funny, 'cause he'll be working on something (he's got a new tune he wrote that he loves, and 'tis good, IMO), and then he'll break into "My Michelle" or "Dirty Deeds."

A few more as of late...
  • What's the Frequency, Kenneth?, R.E.M. (I've liked this one since I was about 12 years old)
  • Waiting is the Hardest Part, Tom Petty (catchy, and oh-so-true)
  • Fly Away, Lenny Kravitz (songs don't get cooler than this)
  • Closing Time, Semisonic (just something about the chorus)
  • Say It Ain't So, Weezer (I've loved this song since the very first time I heard it)
  • Disappear, Jars of Clay
Lots of others, too...but I've listed a few of them in this thread before.

Been listening to a lot of Leon Redbone and Richie Havens the past few days. Right now I've got On the Track playing, which is far and away Redbone's magnum opus and my very, very favorite.

"I've been so blue and lonesome too
ever since you went away
My poor heart yearns for you both night and day
Since you've gone the stars don't seem to shine
You are always on my mind
I'm so unhappy, I want just you

But there'll come a time
you'll miss me and you'll be blue
There'll come a time you'll want me
no one else will do..."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Remember that song about that chick's bloody, black back pack and something about not getting it back?? I'm listening to it on the radio. It's a damn cool song.
"Don't wanna talk about it, I say why not?
Don't wanna think about it. I say there's got to be some good reason for your little black back pack, up-smack turn around he's on his back and..."

Right now I am on Kazaa downloading and listening to REM, U2, Michael Jackson, DMX, Genesis, Eurythmics, Phil Collins, Robert Palmer, Janet Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Aha (Take On Me), Peter Gabriel, Dire Straits, "Weird Al" Yankovic, The Beatles, Culture Club, Falco, and more.

Beware the Moon
Hit an Iron Maiden mood today. Currently have "Best of The Beast" playing............perhaps a little too loudly
No neightbours.......so who cares, I'm happy

Now With Moveable Parts
This guy next door is blasting the worst hardcore rap, so I put a speaker in my window, and I'm giving him a dose of Tom Petty's greatest hits.

I hope he likes American Girl because I'm singing along at the top of my lungs!

crazed out movie freak
Your such a friendly neighbor.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Well MoFo's when i am typing away to give you all my feedback i listen to the sensual sounds of my fingers clicking on the keyboard and the click, click, boom of the mouse, ink jet printers sending out pages and pages of information, the obnoxious sound of the telephone ringing not once, but twice right below me. I enjoy listening to the creaking of my chair which holds my 125 lb body, and many and many of conversations as i sit in the college library waiting patiently to circulate books for the thousands of college students that attend here.
No, seriously...I listen to Ozzy, Beatles, Broadway, Any thing rock and roll( the song that annoys me is Rock and Roll All Night by Kiss) That song is annoying, anyway. I listen to anything that catches my attention, and i love to sing, but i don't have anything out right now,but when i do , i will let you all know.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
TooL - The Grude Live at Ozzfest 2002 in Portug

Appropriately enough, considering tonight's discussions, we're listening to Bad Religion.

It's easy to forget, with the way they've gone downhill in the past few years, that they rocked the house so completely back in the day.