movie where Indian running a race with horses.. ?

Tools    

saw the movie 14 years ago. I only remember one episode. The action takes place in an American town, probably near the end of the 19th century. There arrange a horse race and there is one Indian who runs himself, but he is given a head start. people in a bar bet and one girl puts on an Indian, but a fan of the guy(boyfriend), who was also involved in these races. What is this movie?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've definitely seen this. I remember the race involved several entrants who got staggered starts based on whether they were running, on horseback or in a vehicle. They raced across the screen from left to right from outside of town (basically across the desert) and it didn't take very long. The problem is I don't remember the title or who's in it.

Semper Fooey
We don't need no stinking badges!

"Claude Lelouch film. I do not remember the name(title)."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0500988/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Semper Fooey
Another Man, Another Chance(1977) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 5.8/10 X
A photographer, who has been hired to photograph the wild west of America where he has lived his entire life... (130 mins.)
Director: Claude Lelouch
Stars: James Caan, Geneviève Bujold, Francis Huster, Susan Tyrrell

Who knows ? OP?

Semper Fooey
David starts his new life in the town where Jeanne and Francis have set up their photo studio. He takes his son Simon to the town schoolteacher who also takes care of the children of "saloon girls." There he meets Jeanne whose daughter goes to the school, and they become acquainted. Because of their mutual past tragedies, they eventually fall in love.

David, ever the gambler, enters the "race of the century" where runners, buckboards and horse riders vie for plots of land given by the owner of the town newspaper.

It looks like that is it, But with the director ID'd it probably has been answered by now.

With James Caan in it, you would think i would have at least heard of it.

also i found this too by genre western and director but forgot to ask you..

confirmed