A film about a musician.. ?

Tools    

In the early 90's on TV. American Western film can, can a European or Australian. But it seems English. Created like about 80. Time of action - at the same time.
In the movie about the guy, very talented musician with perfect pitch. He killed a girl and he wanted to commit suicide but changed his mind after a failed attempt.
The film sort of began with a suicide attempt. I do not remember just how. Whether he was hung, or opened a vein. But it seems it was in the bathroom. And then it was as if remembering his life before this moment.
I remember the episodes where he was taking exams at the School of Music. There, the teacher hit the stick on heating pipes and asked him to call that a note sounds. Guy with no errors mentioned. He was accepted. Then he spoke at the concert. Meanwhile, his girlfriend died. It seems to crash. I remember the moment. Musician on stage playing. A behind the scenes is whether his father or the father of the girl. The guy looked at him and realized what had happened something bad. He dropped everything and ran away from the concert. He ran at once to kill themselves, because it is very fond of her. And the film ends it seems that he could not kill himself, and it seemed to him a vision and she said that he did not. And he burst into tears.

Musician in the movie was playing classical music is likely. The tool can not remember. Most likely the flute, but it could be a violin.
Thank you for help.

Indeed, he removed most of the 80's., Judging from the recollections of an "image".

The young man played the trumpet.

The film is built as a memorial of his life - from first love music.
The girl, whom he carried away - a complete opposite of him. If he preferred classical music, she is - a modern.
He was a quiet and calm, she - a fun, active, energetic. All the time "chasing" on the bike. So she died: was driving at full speed to his concert, I saw a hedgehog crossing the road, could not crush him, turned away and flew off the road.
In fact, the film touched on several themes. One of them - it's almost to the end was not clear whether such a girl and is seriously interested in this young man, or is it just a toy for her. And when the viewer realizes that this seriously, there is a tragedy.
Everyone expected that it will appear at the concert, where he played her boyfriend.
Then telephone rings somewhere in the administration, the father of musician beckon to the phone, according to the catastrophe. And he returned backstage during a concert with the expression, clearly talking about what happened and looks at his son, playing on stage.
He understands what happened and rushes out of the room did not finish work until the end.

Semper Fooey
Is this a different movie from the first post?

it's just another (movie-)user who remember same movie..

i have serious question about Henry Hill (1999) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131421/

i can't find remake or what based(writer and / or the author book) this film...?

that's right! but i'm asking about Storyline Henry Hill (1999) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131421/

"Suffering from stage fright, a talented and shy violinist learns to conquer his fears with the help of a woman."
not the title of movie or character..

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Since he's a fictional character, the story is fictional too. I can't find anything that says it's based on some real person. Maybe I don't understand what it is that you want to know.

look like understand but i don't say word about GoodFellas 1990

Semper Fooey
Maybe Viju Menon can find information about the movie us mere mortals are incapable of.

I can confirm the movie does begin with the musician trying to commit suiide, but can't find any information about what instrument he played. It could be the movie (but does the OP still care?), unless more information is found, finding this very obscure movie and watching it will be the only way to know.

i think it's not important what classic instrument..

similar story is important: "Henry - a talented musician, l, is going through a difficult period of life. Virtuoso - a cellist, he was languishing in New York and tries to kill herself - fortunately, failed. Henry returns to his town. His love and want to help him, but nobody knows how to do it. And in the life of Henry appears sexy babe Cynthia ..."

http://translate.google.ru/translate...ilm%2F31445%2F

Semper Fooey
You found more information than I did. That is probably it. Trumpet sounded like a weird instrument for a classical musician.

Did you find that or some other Russian?

I guess you know that is a very obscure movie. It looks like it hit the film festivals then disappeared.

similar story is important: "Henry - a talented musician, l, is going through a difficult period of life. Virtuoso - a cellist, he was languishing in New York and tries to kill herself - fortunately, failed. Henry returns to his town. His love and want to help him, but nobody knows how to do it. And in the life of Henry appears sexy babe Cynthia ..."

it's same movie Henry Hill (1999) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131421/

just plot in Russian data-site (plot)more..

The film begins with the fact that the protagonist tries to commit suicide by drowning in a bathtub. The entire film is his memories. From childhood he played the violin. Meets a girl, she tells him that she had always loved violinists (or maybe it's not a violin, and even a tool, but somehow it seems that it is the violin) and at a time when her friends were chasing records contemporary artists (it seems to mention the Beatles), she ran to classical concerts. They fall in love. There is a moment when they see a man in the cemetery, which bears the letters his deceased friend. They discuss t his style "that's queer." Then she dies (kind of like a motorcycle is broken), and the guy is trying to commit suicide. At the last moment he changes his mind, get out of the bathroom .. The film ends with the fact that he comes to the cemetery, the dead girl brings a letter and said to her, standing at the grave, it seems reading a poem .. or the letter is brought. Supposedly the actress who played a major role redhead.

this guy is talking to God while trying to commit suicide.
And he tried to dissuade him.
it could be Swedish movie.

i don't know

can u b more specific???
can you put together ?(collect/gather/assemble/compile) or just (make your) choose what you like it..