What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Robocop's a great movie and Edward Scissorhand? Well, it's ok for a film that's both Burton and a fairy tale.

I got a 5-pack of Coen Brothers movies for $20 at a used bookstore:

Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
Barton Fink
Miller's Crossing
Fargo

I had only seen Fargo before buying the set, so I bought it to educate myself on early Coen Bros stuff. And they were all great! Really impressive string of 4 films to start a career.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I got a 5-pack of Coen Brothers movies for $20 at a used bookstore:
What was it used for?

Last film I bought:

I love Scrat. Plus I got it pretty cheap. I haven't actually watched it yet, but I'm very disappointed that there's no Scrat short on this one. I like those better than the movies.

I bought quite a few thing this past week

Dogville. This is a blind buy and I only like 1/3 of the Von Trier films I've seen, but it was only $4.50

Touch of Evil, because I love this damn film.

Criterion was having a 50% off so I got:

The Golden Age of Television Box set

also I've been getting really into Beavis and Butthead so,

Didn't get volume 1 because apparently it's censored

It's not out until May in some countries for some reason but been out in France to buy since last year.

In America the film is called Erased.

The People's Republic of Clogher

Finally a Blu Ray release.

I made a semi hefty order from Amazon today, there's one fairly common theme here. I got all these for under $50, but the only one I've seen is the very first one.

Cube Trilogy
Cube
Cube 2: Hypercube
Cube Zero

House of 9
I heard it's similar to Cube, might as well try it.

Identity and Secret Window
Double Feature.

Happy Birthday to Me
Coincidentally, I bought these as a pre-birthday gift.

I haven't bought a DVD in a loooooong time because I'm a pirate and a digital distribution adopter.

The only thing I've went out and bought in the last 2-3 years in a physical state was the Star Wars OT.

I ordered a **** ton of Kurosawa DVDs including Hidden Fortress, Ikiru, and the Criterion Post War collection. Because he is one of my favorite directors.

I also bought 12 Angry Men and On the Waterfront so I can cross them off my to see list.

The People's Republic of Clogher

Identity and Secret Window
Double Feature.
I dunno if I'd call Identity a guilty pleasure as I think it's rather good but it's from the brief time (that film, Girl Interrupted and Cop Land) where I thought Jim Mangold was going to become a great director.

Not Enough Time
Punch Drunk Love - have yet to watch it, probably will tonight. I bought it not knowing anything about it except that it was Adam Sandler's first drama he did. And it was cheap, I only buy cheap movies now because most of my full priced movies were stolen and that angered me since I paid $20 for each of them.

I also bought South Park seasons 4 and 6, because I like having TV shows in my collection (i don't have cable). And, of course, they were cheap.