Do you guys read/watch movie reviews

Tools    

I sometimes read reviews. sometimes usually after I watch the movie just so I can get more insight into what I just watched. But after coming here and being a part of the forum. I can honestly say this place will be my new goto place for reviews.

I am not a fan of video reviews, I prefer to read them. They are normally more informatvie and straight the point. Videos tend to ramble on about nothing for most of the time.

I post my reviews on this site and Movie-Blogger.com

I both read and watch reviews quite often, helps you get an idea of what to watch or not to expect too much.

I usually read a brief review of a film I'm about to watch, such as on rotten tomatoes or metacritic... some long reviews tend to have spoilers

I usually read a brief review of a film I'm about to watch, such as on rotten tomatoes or metacritic... some long reviews tend to have spoilers
Good point, if the review seems horribly long and full of plot details, stop reading it!

I also watch NostalgiaCritic and Nostlgia Chick, and red letter media. I love james and mikes videos over at cinemassacre.*

I guess I like reviews of media from my childhood.

Twitter is good for me, because you can search a movie and quickly find out what people think about it... It's also good for starting up discussions about movies and for news.

And lest I forget movie podcasts, those are what I listen to a heck of a lot.*

I love the guys at /Filmcast, remember when, destroy all movies, how did this get made, filmspotting, film sack, now playing, the dream warriors... To just name a few of the shows I listen to daily.

I will (mostly) only read/watch/listen to reviews of movies I've already seen. I'm astickler for spoilers and avoid them like the proverbial plague.*

I like normal peoples opinion on movies not professional critics.*

I know I will enjoy a film that my friend hates just from knowing his taste in movies, (he recently *said Django unchained was rubbish) so reading a movie is bad doesn't mean it will be to me.

I don't watch trailers, read synopsis, or read reviews before watching a movie. I found I enjoy the movie more that way. I'll check them out after I watch and digest the movie.

some good ones
redlettermedia - deep essay an analysis of the star wars prequels

http://www.youtube.com/user/FanboyFlicks these guys are pretty funny. I rather watch their hilarious outtakes of horrible movies than the movies themselves.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I'll read the user reviews on IMDB sometimes, and Ebert is probably the only one I'll read when I want to see his take on something (with a grain of salt).

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I don't watch trailers, read synopsis, or read reviews before watching a movie. I found I enjoy the movie more that way. I'll check them out after I watch and digest the movie.
This. I want to go in as fresh as possible.

I usually do this when I am not convinced or I want to know different opinion on movie. But most of the time I rely on myself

I'd never read/watch/listen to a review before I've seen movie.

I want to see a movie on gut instinct... Or whoevers involved in making it.

I try to avoid trailers too since the directors got nothing to do with them so especially with horrors all the key moments in the movie are shown.

Only after seeing the movie. These guys have quite good reviews http://www.filmtied.com/

I like reading the film reviews on tinymixtapes

I also read every essay and other supplements that come with a movie, especially the Criterion supplements. They have the best essays.

Randomly visiting for now
Interesting perspectives by all. I prefer not to read too many in depth reviews because they can focus on plot elements I would rather discover naturally. Also they offer a perspective that I would not have personally adopted if I had seen it fresh. Having said all that I regularly check out the 'movies' section of metacritic.com because it has a broad overview and you can read as many or as few short reviews as you like and it gives an average score of reviewers both professional and users of the site.

Before seeing a movie, more often than not I tend to look at the score of that film on Rotten Tomatoes and read most of the short reviews on there.

After I've seen a movie, one of the first things I'll do is read Ebert's review about it.

I don't usually read or watch reviews but I do listen to a ton of different movie podcasts.

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
I for one, do not read reviews. At least not by film critics. I don't want a bias opinion or spoilers when I'm watching. I think it is best to go in with no expectations. It's hard to do with our friends talking what they thought of a particular movie.

I dont pay much attention to reviews. They are usually just one person's opinion. Some of my favorite movies are ones that critics dont like, and some of the ones they like I consider crap.