Nick Stahl
30.77%
8 votes
Christian Bale
3.85%
1 votes
Thomas Dekker
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
I have heard many opinions in my day...

So who do you think is the best John Connor?

Continuity is a massive factor with the Terminator franchise.

Michael Edwards and Dalton Abbott are probably the only two that did a decent job (you missed Abbott in your Poll).

Edward Furlong can't act, Nick Stahl is too out of breath all the time and looks nothing like an older Furlong/younger Bale...

... and prettyboy Thomas Dekker, well, I pretend the Sarah Connor Chronicles don't exist. Badly written, badly acted, badly directed, badly produced.

Christian Bale does a good job but is fighting a losing battle physically after Stahl was cast between him and Furlong and also the fact that Bale looks nothing like Michael Edwards.
The only thing Bale has going for him is that he could be an older Furlong physically.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Michael Edwards just looks like a badass.

Bale is the best. Especially because he's the best actor of the bunch. Wonder if we'll see him again

The most loathsome of all goblins
... and prettyboy Thomas Dekker, well, I pretend the Sarah Connor Chronicles don't exist. Badly written, badly acted, badly directed, badly produced.
I'm going out on a limb and say that you watched the pilot and that's about it. The series actually developed spectacularly, and the second season is riveting. Also, in my opinion it's well-written, well-produced, well-acted and well-directed. Let's not forget Bear McCreary's music, which is phenomenal. Oh, and Summer Glau is wonderful as Cameron, her arc is the best thing about the show.

In fact, I prefer the series to the movies, and this thread makes me want to marathon it again. So damn good.

Bale is the best. Especially because he's the best actor of the bunch. Wonder if we'll see him again
Never understood how people think Christian Bale is a good actor. Also in Salvation he totally phones it in, you can tell he isn't even trying. Mediocre actor, horrendous movie.

Edward Furlong, he just nailed it with his performance.

Michael Edwards. Yeah, lets all vote for the geezer who was briefly in the ONE scene and had ZERO dialogue. Lol.

christian bale is the best actor but he was an awful John Connor imo.

And yeah I just voted for Michael Edwards cause I think everyone else who has had to do more is rather terrible at the character, but he totally nailed the character in that one scene. heh.

Edward Furlong will always be John Connor to me. He had the best/most fun part and played a convincing balance of rebellious mischief, edgy determination and genuine compassion.

Yep Michael Edwards Hes the image a war leader deserves.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Why are people voting for a guy who doesn't say anything?

When I think of John Connor the first image that comes to my head is Furlong.

Suspect's Reviews

Why are people voting for a guy who doesn't say anything?
I think that's exactly why people are voting for him.
When I think of John Connor the first image that comes to my head is Furlong.
And? Furlong is obviously the most well-known incarnation of John Connor, but that isn't the same thing as being the "best."

It was his very first acting gig, and boy can you tell. I spent the whole time watching T2 hoping the T-1000 would chop him into little pieces. Not only was Furlong a woefully inexperienced actor, but his character is completely one-dimensional and obnoxious. The reason I voted for Dekker is because although he's not a particularly remarkable actor, at least the writers of TSCC actually took the time to flesh out the character of John Connor and make him sympathetic.