Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC Apartment

Tools    

Originally Posted by MSNBC
NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

According to WNBC, Ledger was found with pills strewn all around him.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m. ET.

The Australian-born actor has a two-year-old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. Ledger was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight." He received an Academy Award nomination for his work in "Brokeback Mountain."

Wow. That is one I did not see coming.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I just know they're coming to kill me.
H.
o.
l.
y.

S.
h.
t.

I agree with Pike - my father and I are in deep shock about this.

Thank God they finished the Dark Knight, but... who's gonna replace him now?

Lost in never never land
I didn't see it coming either. It really sucks as he was a good actor. Why couldn't it have been Uwe Boll (just kidding I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone).
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well, I don't think the Joker will be in the next Batman movie, if there is one, but as I pointed out in the other thread.

Do you think that the outpouring negative comments about him playing the Joker has anything to do with this?

Wow, shocking. My girlfriend and I were standing around talking to some people when my sister called to tell us. We were all stunned.

Technical note: though the other thread on this topic was started first, a few more people replied to this, so I decided to move that one off the boards.

Originally Posted by Lenon
Do you think that the outpouring negative comments about him playing the Joker has anything to do with this?
Ummmm, NO. It's a terrific theory there, Columbo. But first check and see what Professor Plum was doing last night and if the candlestick is missing.

Ummmm, NO. It's a terrific theory there, Columbo. But first check and see what Professor Plum was doing last night and if the candlestick is missing.
LOL. I like where Holden originally had "Ummmm, no", thought about it, and came back and added his usual sarcastic remarks. That's Holden for ya'.

Well, it was just a quck theory after hearing the news, and learning it was drug related

Originally Posted by Lennon
Well, it was just a quck theory after hearing the news, and learning it was drug related
Yes, I think if you go to any clinic in America you'll find internet chatter from comic book fanboys is at the very top of the list for the underlying reasons for hard drug addiction. Did you know John Belushi overdosed shortly after being mentioned in the running for The Green Lantern? It's true. And thems was the days before the internet, so it was mostly negative chatter on CB Radios!

A seldom recited by very important thirteenth step is "Rottentomatoes and Ain'tItCoolNews are not my reality, I belong to a higher power (the IMDb)."

Originally Posted by Lenon
...it was just a quck theory...
Is this a Freudian typo where you meant to say "quick" but your subconscious tried to turn it into "quack"?

Yes, I think if you go to any clinic in America you'll find internet chatter from comic book fanboys is at the very top of the list for the underlying reasons for hard drug addiction. Did you know John Belushi overdosed shortly after being mentioned in the running for The Green Lantern? It's true.

A seldom recited by very important thirteenth step is "Rottentomatoes and Ain'tItCoolNews are not my reality, I belong to a higher power (the IMDb)."

Is this a Freudian typo where you meant to say "quick" but your subconscious tried to turn it into "quack"?
I'm just saying, some of those names they were calling him could have gotten to anyone.

and the quick thing, I am just having a bad day with my keyboard

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
A truly saddening event, so young and so talented. I obviously havent seen it but i imagine that career wise he has gone out on top with Dark Knight. I really doubt it had anything to do with negative comments, im just waiting for people to start saying it has something to do with all the intense preparation he did for Dark Knight, locking himself in hotel rooms etc

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Shocked. Very shocked.

It will make watching the Dark Knight a little different

Suspect's Reviews

This is very sad and shocking news. Ledger was just about to have the performance that could have launched his career into the stratosphere and now this. It's very sad indeed.

Also,not to be insensitive. But the Batman movies seemed to be plagued with bad luck. Ken Watanabe for instance died during production of the last one. This is very shocking.