Unable to find the name of this colombian movie

Tools    

Like 3 years ago when I was in High School our Spanish teacher made us watch this Colombian movie (which was in spanish obviously) about this little girl that was about 8 year olds who lived only with her father who was about 50 years old.

The plot was about the girl falling sleep and being buried alive only to revive months later (inside the coffin). I believe one afternoon her father was reading her a story and all of a sudden she falls sleep and her father is crying and telling her to wake up and that the joke is over but days pass and she never wakes up so doctors come and they don't know what's going on so they bring priests to pray for her but nothing works so the Colombian bishop (or cardinal?) comes and ask if the father wants to take her daughter to the Vatican and have the Pope see her, he agrees and the three of them fly to Rome. (Yes the father carried her in his arms the whole time)

They go back to Colombia and since she never woke up the father decides to bury her. He visits her frequently and reads the girl's favorite stories in front of her grave. He does this for months and one day sh says something to her dad and he starts crying and everyone rushes to open the grave and they see her alive and well and everyone thinks its a miracle.

That's most of the plot...I'm not 100% sure but I think the movie is from the mid or late 80's...could even be the 90's. It is from Colombia and in Spanish. I've looked everywhere else but I have gotten 0 results.

It's a great movie, very emotional and sad (Everyone in the class cried, no lie ). I hope someone saw it and knows the name, I want to show it to my family

Thanks

Hey mate,

I think it is...

Miracle in Rome

Lisandro Duque Naranjo/1988

That's the one! Thanks a lot. Now I'm on a quest to find the movie, wish me luck