secret window explanation

Tools    

WARNING: "Secret Window" spoilers below
i just saw this and im a really confused. So Mort made up Shooter and killed everyone. i understand that. but if all he wanted to do was change the ending then why did he kill everyone. Why was shooter so important in changing the story. couldnt he just changed it himself? And did he just use shooter as someone to blame for the deaths of everyone? im really confused,

Secret Window one of my recent dvds i bought.
WARNING: "Secret Window" spoilers below
Anyways Shooter killed everyone cause they were interfering with Mort's and Shooter's Business. Like Shooter Says "This is Between me and you Mr.Rainy no Outsiders" Something like that. Anyways Shooter wanted to change the story because it wasnt right. Shooter wanted Mort to change the story by saying that Shooter wants Mort to Kill his wife(Ted wasnt suppose to die he just showed up at the wrong place and wrong time). And Shooter did change the ending cause when Mort appeared near the end of the movie. He changed he wasnt Mort Anymore he was Shooter. His Accent changed and everything. So Shooter Changed the ending. And Mort didnt blame the deaths on Shooter.

This film to me was disappointing. This kind of ending ran through my mind early in the film. As I watched in theatres I was hoping I was wrong and they would use some imagination with it instead of repeating what was done in recent movies of this type. This kind of ending ran through my mind early in the film.

A system of cells interlinked
I have to agree with Escape on this one. As I stated in my review, I saw the twists coming a MILE away, plus this film/story has already been done, by S. King no less. Check out The Dark Half, and you will see what I mean. Other than the glaring writting issues, I thought there some good compositions in the film, and some decent acting.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I have to agree with Escape on this one. As I stated in my review, I saw the twists coming a MILE away, plus this film/story has already been done, by S. King no less. Check out The Dark Half, and you will see what I mean. Other than the glaring writting issues, I thought there some good compositions in the film, and some decent acting.
Yeah what's up with Stephen King recycling his own stories. He like ripped off Secret Window, Secret Garden (the story this movie was based off of) from The Dark Half. Someone was running out of ideas *YEARS* ago!
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
but was the ending of the story Mort killing his wife.
it was the end of the movie. cause the story was like Mort's Life. The ending of the Movie is like the Book. Mort buried her under the garden she loved more then him.