The Customer Is Always Right? Not Anymore.

Tools    

thats a good idea lol..bu the item..get the rebate..return the item..lol

Originally Posted by Zeiken
I read that in the denver post this morning. Gave me some interesting ideas...but they're crackin down now. bummer.
Just like the time I read about a bunch of kids copying 20 dollar bills... but it was too late.

Damnnnnn...So all that money I spent on counterfieting machines was worthless??

Holy crap, I work in retail and you would not belive how many scammers we have.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

I am fortunate to get very few customers that try to scam me. The ones who do however are fairly shrewd. The biggest problem I have are people who buy a computer with a credit card then later cancel the charge. This is illegal of course, but trying to get your money back is such a hassle. I sent one guy who did this to me a coupon in the mail for a free upgrade on his computer, he obviously thought I had not found out what he had done yet and came back with the computer he never paid for to get a free upgrade. HA!!! I upgraded it right back into my inventory and told him to leave or I was calling the police. He said he was the one who was going to call the police so I handed him a phone. He just walked out.

Originally Posted by Fall-from-Grace
Holy crap, I work in retail and you would not belive how many scammers we have.
I work in retail too, I know what ur talking about.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Quite seriously there are a billion other ways to make money faster.
I had a $100 rebate on my $2,000 computer.
That means for a person to make any real profit out of the rebate scandal they would need to buy lots and lots of items mail lots of bar codes only to return them.

Factor in the price of postage + price of gas driving out to buy these items and yeah the math doesn't look so pretty anymore. Not to mention you need a pretty sizeable wallet to purchase all these items to begin with.... needing money to make money.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I can certainly understand cracking down on scammers, but this...

"And some, including Best Buy Co. Inc., are discriminating between profitable customers and shoppers they lose money on.

Like a customer who ties up a salesworker but never buys anything, or who buys only during big sales..."

is bad for business. Best Buys already leads the market in lousy customer service. You'd think that would be good enough for them, but now they're going to aim even lower?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
I can certainly understand cracking down on scammers, but this...

"And some, including Best Buy Co. Inc., are discriminating between profitable customers and shoppers they lose money on.

Like a customer who ties up a salesworker but never buys anything, or who buys only during big sales..."

is bad for business. Best Buys already leads the market in lousy customer service. You'd think that would be good enough for them, but now they're going to aim even lower?

I agree wholeheartedly.
Unfortunately, they often stock things that other places don't.

Sometimes working at the store, you get these really bitchy customers who keep bitching at you, then they realize they are wrong, and they start to be nice. I hate that.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Do you work at Best Buys?
STEIN MART