This is just a short bit of a page of the book I've been writing. If you have any thoughts on it let me know.

The orange sandy mist engulfed the desert plans and in the distance I saw an odd-looking misshapen man. I have known stars, he shouted. I have known stars. Stars that whisper, Star's that sing. Stars that dance gayle in the Twilight rain. I have known women, he said. Oh yes I have known them. They are not in the desert, he sighs. I have known politicians. Yes he said I have definitely known them. Their promises are but empty songs that can never be brought to harmony. My Stars sing more truly and honestly, he said with a sense of pride. I have known men of faith and men of very little faith yet those who preach of God have yet to sway me. I am very spiritual but I follow no gospels as gospels are written by the hands of men and man is corrupt. He continued to preach. My god is in the sand, the sky and the stars. If you listen, stars have much to say. Men often forget to stop and look up at the stars at night. They seek enlightenment in churches. My church is much more vast though as my church is the desert. There are no hymns in the desert though I said to him somewhat humorously. Yes there are, he said but the songs are not for your ears but can only be heard through your heart, and you? Why have you come to the desert he asked. I can't bear the cries of people suffering, the plague has cursed my village I told him. I spoke to him of my village with a touch of shame in my voice. I realized I abandoned my people in their time of need.*