Are Scream Queens Still Being Made Today?

Tools    

If so, please point them out to me.

I'm of the opinion that this rank is something that died out in the '90s. I may be wrong though.

What is a scream queen?

Yes. Mia Goth and Jenna Ortega are the newest potential scream queens.
Yeah, I guess I would agree with that. I hope they stick with it.

Thanks.

Anna Taylor-Joy says hello.
Yeeeeeah, I'm not too sure about calling her a Scream Queen. She's done some horror, but she's done more nonhorror things than horror. I mean, she's the voice of Princess Peach for crying out loud.

What is a scream queen?
A really cool actress.

There was a reality-contest-game show back in 2008 called Scream Queens.
It was one I actually watched. The concept was 10 wannabe actresses competed to win a role in a horror movie by going through a series of contests.
The contests were pretty entertaining (kind of Fear Factor meets The Bachelor meets America's Next Top Model).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1248289/

The trick is not minding
Yeeeeeah, I'm not too sure about calling her a Scream Queen. She's done some horror, but she's done more nonhorror things than horror. I mean, she's the voice of Princess Peach for crying out loud.
Jaime Lee Curtis didn’t? Her career existed outside of horror, as well. Even in the ‘80’s. Just seems a little like splitting hairs, here.

There was a reality-contest-game show back in 2008 called Scream Queens.
It was one I actually watched. The concept was 10 wannabe actresses competed to win a role in a horror movie by going through a series of contests.
The contests were pretty entertaining (kind of Fear Factor meets The Bachelor meets America's Next Top Model).
I remember that. It was a funny show. The one I saw was the one where they were competing for a role in the latest Saw sequel. Jamie King was a host, if memory serves.

It was actually a pretty entertaining show.

Jaime Lee Curtis didn’t? Her career existed outside of horror, as well. Even in the ‘80’s. Just seems a little like splitting hairs, here.
That's funny because Curtis is always the last person I think of when it comes to Scream Queens. I'm not saying she 'not' a Scream Queen, but... For me, she's waaaaay down on the list. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I really don't respect slasher movies all that much. I like my Scream Queens to be more challenged by monsters and such. I'm old school.

As far as Anya goes, come on, are you really gonna try to make that work? Lol

What's your favorite genre of film?

I prefer horror and Sci Fi, but I’ll watch pretty much anything
And your favorite movie is Casablanca? You don't seem too dedicated to the genres that you prefer. I think you might be a little out of your element here.

The trick is not minding
That's funny because Curtis is always the last person I think of when it comes to Scream Queens. Im not saying she 'not' a Scream Queen, but... For me, she's waaaaay down on the list. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I really don't respect slasher movies all that much. I like my Scream Queens to be more challenged by monsters and such. I'm old school.

As far as Anya goes, come on, are you really gonna try to make that work? Lol
Curtis is definitely a Scream Queen. One of the iconic ones.
As for ATJ….The Witch, Split, Last Night in Soho, The New Mutants (don’t roll your eyes lol, it’s labeled as horror), The Menu…Split might be more “thriller” I guess? I’d say she has done enough to warrant being in the discussion.*
Actors/actresses today have more roles available to avoid being typecast in any specific genre, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that should disqualify one from being labeled as a Scream Queen.

The trick is not minding
And your favorite movie is Casablanca? You don't seem too dedicated to the genres that you prefer. I think you might be a little out of your element here.
Is this really the argument you want to take?
It’s called being well versed in cinema.
I’d wager it might be you who is out of your element, here.
If you’d rather be dismissive, however, be my guest. Probably best to not continue this and end the conversation if you’re not up for discussing in good faith.

Curtis is definitely a Scream Queen. One of the iconic ones.
As for ATJ….The Witch, Split, Last Night in Soho, The New Mutants (don’t roll your eyes lol, it’s labeled as horror), The Menu…Split might be more “thriller” I guess? I’d say she has done enough to warrant being in the discussion.*
Actors/actresses today have more roles available to avoid being typecast in any specific genre, but I wouldn’t necessarily say that should disqualify one from being labeled as a Scream Queen.
Well, she might be an icon to somebody whose favorite movie is Casablanca, or Scream.

Well as long as it's labeled as horror. I wouldn't want you to step out of bounds and do something unregulated. Lol

Is this really the argument you want to take?
It’s called being well versed in cinema.
I’d wager it might be you who is out of your element, here.
If you’d rather be dismissive, however, be my guest. Probably best to not continue this and end the conversation if you’re not up for discussing in good faith.
So, if I told you that my favorite food was Italian, and then you asked me to name my 10 all-time favorite dishes (of any type of food), wouldn't you kind of assume that most of my picks would be Italian?

I mean no offense, you're probably a nice dude and you can probably talk about a number of different movies, but when it comes to horror you don't seem to be on an obsessive wavelength like myself and you don't understand things like - Jamie Lee Curtis isn't the horror icon you think she is. Her being a horror icon is the mainstream public perception, but it's very uncommon in my circle of like-minded horror fans. I don't mean to bust you, or call you out, but you kind of asked for it.

Have you ever considered the fact that people who don't live in America might not appreciate Jamie Lee Curtis' horror icon status like you do? That her performances might seem very bland and repetitive, to outright money grubbing. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of The Fog, but Adrienne Barbeau is 10 times the scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis is.

*Mic drop*

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Maybe this thread would've been better suited as "Are Scream Queens Still Being Made Today Under Specifically What I Consider To Be Scream Queens?".

So, if I told you that my favorite food was Italian, and then you asked me to name my 10 all-time favorite dishes (of any type of food), wouldn't you kind of assume that most of my picks would be Italian?
Sure. But this would not mean that your favorite dish of all time would necessarily be Italian.

I mean no offense, you're probably a nice dude and you can probably talk about a number of different movies, but when it comes to horror you don't seem to be on an obsessive wavelength like myself and you don't understand things like - Jamie Lee Curtis isn't the horror icon you think she is. Her being a horror icon is the mainstream public perception, but it's very uncommon in my circle of like-minded horror fans.
So your circle = supreme court?

I don't mean to bust you, or call you out, but you kind of asked for it.
I'm not up on my scream queens, but I think you just made my list of drama queens.
Have you ever considered the fact that people who don't live in America might not appreciate Jamie Lee Curtis' horror icon status like you do?
It's not simple a matter of quantity, but quality. Halloween alone cements her status.

Is this a parody account?