Dune: Part Two 2023 (Denis Villeneuve)

Tools    

Hope it's better than the first part but I suppose I have to watch it...I wonder how releasing the movie in two parts over a period of time will work out for box office ticket sales?

The trick is not minding
Box office sales shouldn’t be impacted by separating it into two parts. It seems to have worked well for other. Harry Potter and Avengers End Game for example.
I loved the first one, so I’m really looking forward to this.

A system of cells interlinked
Hope it's better than the first part but I suppose I have to watch it...I wonder how releasing the movie in two parts over a period of time will work out for box office ticket sales?
On the first point: The first part was stellar, and couldn't really have been donn better. I think I have said it before, but your taste is bad!

On the second point: It had to be two parts, as the book is famously difficult to adapt to film, and would be nigh impossible to properly do in a film that was less than 4-5 hours long. Nobody is heading out to theaters to watch a 5 hour film, so 2 parts it was!

Already watched the trailer twice, and obviously can't wait to see this on the biggest screen possible.

...On the second point: It had to be two parts, as the book is famously difficult to adapt to film, and would be nigh impossible to properly do in a film that was less than 4-5 hours long. Nobody is heading out to theaters to watch a 5 hour film, so 2 parts it was!..
I meant, instead of releasing parts 1 & 2 at the same time or even within weeks, they decided to release the 2 parts many months apart. Hence I wonder how that decision will effect profits?

I meant, instead of releasing parts 1 & 2 at the same time or even within weeks, they decided to release the 2 parts many months apart. Hence I wonder how that decision will effect profits?
Ah fair...

Most likely the studios hedging their bet to see how the first did before greenlighting the other film, especially considering the state of theatrical cinema at the time.

Ah fair...

Most likely the studios hedging their bet to see how the first did before greenlighting the other film, especially considering the state of theatrical cinema at the time.
Is the 1st part being rerun in theaters or is it going to be just the 2nd part? I'd think if the 1st part got a re-release it would generate more ticket sales.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'd PROBABLY be up for a cinematic rewatch of one. One afternoon would be cool to knock both out, back to back. The only movie I can remember that had an intermission was Dances with Wolves. The drive-in apparently plays two movies back to back, but I've never been there. That could be a neat novelty of an experience.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Is the 1st part being rerun in theaters or is it going to be just the 2nd part? I'd think if the 1st part got a re-release it would generate more ticket sales.
My lame ass would probably go see it again, too! There is one ticket sold!

Even though the first one wasn't my cup of tea (though I certainly appreciated the quality of it), Villeneuve can make me want to see anything. That trailer is awesome.

The countdown to the sequel of Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi spectacle “Dune” has been recalibrated, with Dune: Part Two being deferred from its originally scheduled release on November 3, 2023. The eagerly anticipated follow-up is now slated to enthrall audiences on March 15, 2024. A strategic maneuver that echoes throughout the cinematic landscape, this decision not only shapes the destiny of “Dune: Part Two” but also orchestrates a subtle domino effect on other impending releases within Warner Brothers’ roster.
Information source:

Does anyone like the movie Dune?

I swear these corporations are just trying to lose money and acclaim.

You release this film in February you have the number one movie for a month, you release it in April you likely make a billion dollars you release it in August you run the month, you release it in November/December you have the BP case.

You release it in March you have three kids movies and Ghostbusters and Bong Joo Ho's new film.

Does anyone like the movie Dune?
It's OK.