Rightwing Actors / Producers

Tools    

Based on quotes, rumors, etc. can you tell which Holywood actors and producers are rightwing?
It might seem problematic because the right has many definitions (capitalist, conservative, hawkish...), but I believe we can still have a general idea as to who has rightwing tendencies.

Here's what I got so far. Feel free to suggest new people or argue about the names already on the list:
* Arnie
* Guy Ritchie
* Adam Sandler
* Darren Aronofsky
* Charlton Heston
* Tom Selleck
* Bruce Willis
* James Woods

Possible candidates:
* Robert Zemeckis
* Brad Pitt

I'm keeping Mel Gibson out, 'cause he's just a nutty cultist.

Helming Forrest Gump isn't reason to suspect a right-wing slant. The film didn't have any clear-cut political message.

I've also heard nothing from Pitt or Roberts that would have me believe either is conservative in any real sense of the word. The only bit I've heard from either of them that might lean in that general direction is the occassional quip from Pitt which lashes out against leftist wackos. Like most reasonable folks, he only really lashes out at the fringe groups.

Anyway, add Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis, and James Woods to your list.

Originally posted by verbal penguin
I'm keeping Mel Gibson out, 'cause he's just a nutty cultist.
Eh?

A novel adaptation.
Why single these right wingers out?
This can only start fights. Or perhaps we could list left-wing personalities as well... hold on as I find a way to post the entire phonebook for Hollywood California.

I might be wrong there, but it seems to me that there are very few rightwingers in modern-day Hollywood.

I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

Originally posted by Yoda
Eh?
Well, Mel Gibson and his parents belong to a mysterious cult. The cult appears to have Christian roots, although they do believe in various kinds of "unholy mysticism". They also have something to do with aliens, and they think that the Jews are the source of all evil.

I'll see if I can find the article where I read all this.

I am having a nervous breakdance
James Woods is rightwing?? I wouldn't have guessed that judging by some of the films he's starred in. But then again, I could have sworn Spielberg was politically conservative before I learned that he was a supporter of the democrats.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A novel adaptation.
I'll see if I can find the article where I read all this.
It was a New York Times artivle a couple weeks back, titled, I believe "Is The Pope Catholic Enough?"
The Jewish backlash was pretty harsh, my own mother even declaring that our household "will not support the actor". Although, I looked into it a bit, and apparently the article was more than a bit exaggerated.

A newspaper article? Exaggerating? I'm stunned.

A novel adaptation.
Is that sarcasm I detect?

Originally posted by Piddzilla
James Woods is rightwing?? I wouldn't have guessed that judging by some of the films he's starred in. But then again, I could have sworn Spielberg was politically conservative before I learned that he was a supporter of the democrats.
Spielberg was all over Clinton's nuts.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Steve

Spielberg was all over Clinton's nuts.
Well, yes, but before I knew that I only had his films to go by. I still think the ideology of his films is rightwing in my book, even if he's obviously a liberal, i.e. leftwing in USA.

http://www.thespiannet.com/actors/P/...ad/index.shtml

"Brad grew up with conservative Christian values which are seen in his life and reputation today: a strong belief in family and maintaining friendships; kindness and generosity; self-effacing and considerate."

Does this make him right-wing enough to be included in the list?

Suprising enough one of the Baldwin brothers was shown at the Republican national convention, I believe it was Steven, while back since I saw it on tv so coul dbe wrong. Interesting though, a Baldwin is a Republican, the sky will start falling at any moment.

LL Cool J is a Republican. And we all know Ladies Love Cool J.

I'm gonna' be the first Famous Republican Pimp. Holla'.

Oh yeah, what's the purpose of the list. Just to see how few the number of cool people in Hollywood actually is? Did I mention I'm Republican and Christian?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Fascist!
I'd respond to that comment, but I've got some prosecuting, judging, and conspiracing to do with my fellow Right-Wing buddies.