Male Movies

Tools    

They had this huge survey in my country (Israel), where they asked men what was the greatest man's film of all time.

The results were:
1. Matrix
2. Fight Club
3. Pulp Fiction
4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
5. An Israeli movie about the army
6. The Godfather
7. Terminator 2
8. Reservoir Dogs
9. Die Hard
10. Apocalypse Now

Now, I guess they were looking for a politically-incorrect kind of male movie... lots of sex, violence and machoism. Taking this definition, I suppose that this list is quite reasonable (except for Matrix, which probably won because a lot of kids participated in the survery ).

What do you think?

Get off my island
I'd say so, but voting for the Matrix wouldn't be restricted to just kids, it would be most males, I'd think

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Originally posted by verbal penguin
They had this huge survey in my country (Israel), where they asked men what was the greatest man's film of all time.

The results were:
1. Matrix
2. Fight Club
3. Pulp Fiction
4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
5. An Israeli movie about the army
6. The Godfather
7. Terminator 2
8. Reservoir Dogs
9. Die Hard
10. Apocalypse Now
Looks about right. I can't see my wife waiting impatiently to watch any of those flicks. Matrix is definitely a "guy" flick being hard-core science fiction. Excellent flick.

except for that israeli one about the war but i bet its pretty cool to and i would have to say that,this list is very accurate

Why didn’t someone tell me those were guy flicks before I “wasted” my money on them…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I really don't get The Matrix.... and I want to murder everyone who copies off that "stop action slow motion" crud in other movies and commercials. Isn't that just the worst?

Plus, I personally wouldn't call it a "male movie". Especially next to "Fight Club"... what's up with that? No, this "survey" is all wrong. It's too... typical. Maybe that's the curse of surveys though. All they do is bring out the boring, common side to things. In which case, I prefer quality over quantity.

The Matrix... I just don't get it! I get Fight Club... I get Pulp Fiction... I get the others... I just can't grasp The Matrix. I remember clearly when that movie came out. I knew it was going to be a HUGE movie, but I didn't want it to be. With Fight Club and Pulp Fiction, I was all for it. The Matrix, however, bugs me.

Plus, it isn't very male to me. It's androgynous. Maybe even sex-less. There's just something about it!

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I agree with Sexy on the whole Matrix idea. I tried to watch it but just lost interest and a lot of my friends didn't understand it either.
I can't stand that other movies use that "slow mo-hi kickin-in the air for a long period of time" idea.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

My life isn't written very well.
Well movie fan you are a girl...no?
Perhaps the list should be amended to say that they're "The greatest heterosexual male films of all time. Although, I don't think homosexuals offically "exist" in Isreal.

But you're right Sexy. I hated Matrix upon my first viewing of it. However, I really got into it the second time I watched it; it made a lot more sense the second time. Try it again...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I agree that the matrix is pointless.

I don't think homosexuals offically "exist" in Isreal.
Unfortunately, every big city here has a gay "pride" parade at least once a month. They most certainly exist, and they come in masses.
Why would you think otherwise?

And why is a gay pride parade "unfortunate"?!?

Never mind, forget I asked, I don't want to 'know'.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Why would you think otherwise?
Sorry, my mistake. I assumed there were "laws" against "homosexual acts" in Isreal. And I also thought that Human Rights for homosexuals are non-existent there....? No?

Hmm... guys, Israel is a super-liberal country. We're worse than the Netherlands.

Conservatives like me are really rare here.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I wasn't dissing male movies, only the Matrix.
What does homosexuals have to do with male movies? Where did that come from...r3prot????

Sorry moviefan, what I mean is that this thread is entitled "Male Movies". You being a lady, of course you wouldn't like The Matrix, at least according to the Isreali survey which inspired this thread.

As for the "homosexual" comment...I'm sure Jason will pipe in on that one soon. Stay posted.

Originally posted by r3port3r66
As for the "homosexual" comment...I'm sure Jason will pipe in on that one soon. Stay posted.
.... I dunno what to say. I hardly know anything about this survey. It's been described as a HUGE survey done in Israel, but that doesn't tell me anything specific. Personally, this "Top 10 Male Movies" thing looks like something they pulled out of their asses to me. Why should you call it "Top 10 Heterosexual Male Movies"? I'm a homosexual male, and I LOVE "Fight Club" and "Pulp Fiction". They made it on the list. I really don't care about the list, anyway. Surveys suck.

[i]Originally posted by verbal penguin
agree that the matrix is pointless.
The Matrix is pointless in the sense that it ascribes to a fictional world which does not exist in our reality. It has meaning in the sense where it asks questions concerning the nature of reality and perception. I thought the movie combined cerebral and action seamlessly.

As far as not getting it, you must be a girl. Of course you don't get it. It's abstract and a MALE movie!!!!

Now fight club, what the hell was the point of that? Maybe we need to define "male movie". What is your definition of a "male" movie.

It means "male" in the liberal, male Isreali sense. I guess Isreal needs to classify which movies are more male-ccentric, in the same way America classifies movies as "Chick-flicks". I mean c'mon what percentage of men in America went and saw "White Oleander" and are you going to go see "What a Girl Wants"? I'm not.

Why'd you bring up homosexuality, though? Do you assume that homosexual men don't care for these "male" films? I'm thinking there's a masculine/feminine issue regarding gays and the movies here.

Originally posted by r3port3r66
It means "male" in the liberal, male Isreali sense. I guess Isreal needs to classify which movies are more male-ccentric, in the same way America classifies movies as "Chick-flicks". I mean c'mon what percentage of men in America went and saw "White Oleander" and are you going to go see "What a Girl Wants"? I'm not.
I dug White Oleander. It was really wonderful.

Oh, Jason, don't you know? The gays are only allowed to like movies with Madonna and Meg Ryan in them!