Are Scream Queens Still Being Made Today?

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Wildeside, if you knew anything about horror you'd know that horror is bigger and better than the rest genres combined.

*mic drop*
Riiiight. Stop making a fool of yourself kid.

Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about. This was obvious the moment you dismissed JLC.
Anyways, we’re done here, so no need to continue.
Usually when someone tries to dismiss another person , you're basically asking for permission to continue this conversation and I'm going to shut you down for now because I already dropped my mic. Go find your passion, young man.

We have a new Mr. Minio here, except he's into horror instead of Asian girls and isn't particularly funny.
He's?

Wow. You really are anti.

Sorry guys I gotta bounce and I hate typing on a phone. I will be back on tomorrow. Find me some better Scream Queens!

Sorry guys I gotta bounce and I hate typing on a phone. I will be back on tomorrow. Find me some better Scream Queens!
Before I suggest any more Scream Queens, what is the requirement for being a scream queen? How many horror films does she have to be in? Does she need to be the main star or are supporting roles acceptable?

You dang sure better believe that those first nine spots wouldn't exclude Italian.
Perhaps not for you, but one can be logically consistent in having an all-time favorite film which does not happen to be in one's favorite genre of film. You haven't caught anyone out in a contradiction here.

Sure why not. Why not have some fun? Yeah, I am a supreme court of horror. This is a movie forum, right? What's with all the seriousness?
Well, there's nothing wrong in having fun, but even fun claims need to have evidence and reasoning if they're to taken as literal claims. As for as this goes, the argument
I am correct if my friends agree with me.

My friends agree with me.

Therefore, I am correct.

is quite thin. We don't know your friends and we don't know you.

Also, we should probably have a care to say it with a smile, to give more of a wink to signal that we're playing. Make your introductions, learn the ropes, get acquainted, and make merry. But you can't crash a birthday party unknown and pie someone in the face and say something like, "Prank, bro!"

Explain to me why that's a bad thing on a movie forum...
I suppose that depends on the particular forum. I can tell you that on this forum, it's not a likely a recipe for longevity.

Dude, that movie is so overrated. I'm fine with the mythology of Michael Myers but that first movie is so overrated and so cheesy.
At the time of its original release it was fantastic. It was so influential that we've now seen it a thousand times and in retrospect it may feel that way. If anything, it's a victim of its own success. Like it or not, however, it's on just about every horror top ten you'll find and is widely respected by horror fans, professional critics, filmmakers, and the general public. In terms of influence, it has its place in the pantheon of horror and so too does Curtis for starring in it.

We have a new Mr. Minio here, except he's into horror instead of Asian girls and isn't particularly funny.
There should be some kind of thread just for Asian girls... and another for Asian girls wearing animal ears!

How about:

Annabelle Wallis (Malignant, Annabelle, The Mummy)
Jane Levy (Evil Dead, Don't Breathe)
Lulu Wilson (Ouija: Origin of Evil, Annabelle:Creation, Becky, The Haunting of Hill House)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
How about:

Lulu Wilson (Ouija: Origin of Evil, Annabelle:Creation, Becky, The Haunting of Hill House)
I hadn't thought about Lulu Wilson, but she is definitely an actress with a promising resume!

I like Jane Levy as well. I hope she does more in the horror genre!

Before I suggest any more Scream Queens, what is the requirement for being a scream queen? How many horror films does she have to be in? Does she need to be the main star or are supporting roles acceptable?
For me, I'd want her work to be predominantly horror. It doesn't have to be a ton of stuff, it just has to look like the actress cares about the genre. I mean, that's what it's really about - an actress who is working to help strengthen the genre, as opposed to say an actress that is just taking from the genre. *cough* Anya *cough*

How about:

I think Annabelle Wallis is great. She's good looking, talented, Malignant was awesome, but I feel like she might be a little too high profile and already established as a regular actress.

My opinion about Jane Levy is 'about' the same as Wallis - she's attractive, fine actress, played in some cool stuff (horror), and has potential. I would say her potential is even more so than Wallis', but a little far off as of right now. If she finishes out the decade strong with multiple horror films I'd be willing to crown her.

Lulu has potential but is super green and I'm not very familiar with her.

Good picks, my man. What do you think of them?

There should be some kind of thread just for Asian girls... and another for Asian girls wearing animal ears!
I'd buy that for a dollar.

I think Annabelle Wallis is great. She's good looking, talented, Malignant was awesome, but I feel like she might be a little too high profile and already established as a regular actress.

My opinion about Jane Levy is 'about' the same as Wallis - she's attractive, fine actresses, played in some cool stuff (horror), and has potential. I would say her potential is even more so than Wallis', but a little far off as of right now. If she finishes out the decade strong with multiple horror films I'd be willing to crown her.

Lulu has potential but is super green and I'm not very familiar with her.

Good picks, my man. What do you think of them?
I'm a fan of all three.

Perhaps not for you, but one can be logically consistent in having an all-time favorite film which does not happen to be in one's favorite genre of film. You haven't caught anyone out in a contradiction here.

Well, there's nothing wrong in having fun, but even fun claims need to have evidence and reasoning if they're to taken as literal claims. As for as this goes, the argument
I am correct if my friends agree with me.

My friends agree with me.

Therefore, I am correct.

is quite thin. We don't know your friends and we don't know you.

Also, we should probably have a care to say it with a smile, to give more of a wink to signal that we're playing. Make your introductions, learn the ropes, get acquainted, and make merry. But you can't crash a birthday party unknown and pie someone in the face and say something like, "Prank, bro!"

I suppose that depends on the particular forum. I can tell you that on this forum, it's not a likely a recipe for longevity.

At the time of its original release it was fantastic. It was so influential that we've now seen it a thousand times and in retrospect it may feel that way. If anything, it's a victim of its own success. Like it or not, however, it's on just about every horror top ten you'll find and is widely respected by horror fans, professional critics, filmmakers, and the general public. In terms of influence, it has its place in the pantheon of horror and so too does Curtis for starring in it.
That just boggles my mind.

No they don't. I don't need prove anything to anybody. All I gotta do is bring my bag of opinions. You can walk away from them (message!), you can dissect them, thus letting them form and shape your opinions, or you can agree with them and grow to be awesome.

"Well, let's change that. Let me buy you a Heineken."

Nah, I like my way of doing this.

All I gotta do is bring my bag of opinions.
I'll remember this should you ever demand justification from me.

You can walk away from them (message!)
OK.

Don't know if they qualify for everyone, but I like Sheri Moon Zombie and Asia Argento.
Yes! Yes!

Now we're talkin'. Absolutely. These women live in the freakin' genre. See, this is why I wanted to make this thread - the genre is so big and constantly growing that I tend to overlook things like these two amazing women (until I put on one of their films).

Both these actresses are bona fide Queens of the Scream.

Thank you.

I'll remember this should you ever demand justification from me.

OK.
The only thing I demand from you is for you to loosen up and relax. I feel like I'm having a conversation with Robocop.