Top Ten Games You'd Like To See As Movies

Tools    

Originally Posted by Tolstoy
The ONLY game that could ever be turned into a half decent movie is Leisure Suit Larry.

1) Leisure Suit Larry 1
2) Leisure Suit Larry 2

so on and so forth...

Lets face it, games have PATHETIC story lines and plot in comparison to lets say.... ummm..... BOOKS. Take any game, and there are probably 10 books which that game copied for story line which would all make a better movie.

Then you run into the biggest problem. Gamers for the most part are completely oblivious to taste. It will be a much safer bet for a studio to pump in 80 million dollars on a gaming franchise, take some exlax, and release _________________ <---- insert any game inspired movie ever. A gaming audience wants the big bangs, rediculous plot, and Angelina Jolies breasts as opposed to anything that makes a good movie (although it did make Tomb Raider worth watching).
If you ever played Planescape: Torment, you would know there are exceptions to that case. But I do agree with how stupid some videgamers are and how everyone just wants to see Angelina naked.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

I have played Planescape: Torment, Morrowwind, etc. When I was a bit younger I played tons of computer games, Starcraft the most. Those games you mentioned still pale in comparison to many books. There should never be a fantasy movie based on a game, because that is taking resources away from the creation of a Wheel of Time movie (which I guess you could consider a game adaptation cause there is a Wheel of Time game).

A game I wouldn't mind seeing being ploted into a film would be one from the Metal Gear Solid line. It would quite interesting to see who they would cast for that film. Depending on if they followed the plot from the game or made a complete new one. Me I wouldn't mind seeing Sons of Liberty turned into a film. I think thats got some story to it and may be able to make it to film.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by Tolstoy
There should never be a fantasy movie based on a game, because that is taking resources away from the creation of a Wheel of Time movie (which I guess you could consider a game adaptation cause there is a Wheel of Time game).
Do you think someone will make a wheel of time movie?

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Zeiken
Woah- i was just saying it was a great story- but if a filmmaker goes anywhere near FF7, (i realize im a bit late saying this, what with Advent Children and all, but that might be an exception) It would just butcher the series. I think if they made another final fantasy move, and just came up with a new story, (this time with swords, summons, and a chocobo or 2,) it would be better. but i think there already is a FF7 movie thread floating around somewhere...
I wasn't paying attention to anyone else so I didn't realise anyone'd already suggested it, but I really can't see how anyone could go wrong. If they stuck to the plot then it should be fine. Can't be worse than that last FF film anyway.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Can't be worse than that last FF film anyway.
Its scary how true that is.

But imagine if the brought together the same writers who did FF7, and came up with an entirely new story. That way, even if you dont like it, it wont make anyone feel bitter about something that is already wonderful.

Originally Posted by Grim Reality
Grand Theft Auto / Gta Vice City
True Crime: Streets of LA
theres already a film of grand theft auto

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076100

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Do you think someone will make a wheel of time movie?
It would probably be suicide if someone attempted to do it. Trying to put it into 10 movies would be a difficult feat for anyone and you would still have the hardcore fans complaining that they cut out ________. I can always pray that a Peter Jackson type character will come along and do a wonderful job on an adaptation, but im definitely not holding my breath.

***********METAL GEAR SOLID*********************

Who doesnt want to see Gray Fox in action?!?!?!??!
WHo doesnt want to see Raven in action?!?!
who doesnt wanna see Metal Gear REx in action?!!?!

1. Doom
2. Halo
3. Splinter Cell
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Alien Vs Preditor
6. Driver
7. Onimushia
8. Silent Hill Trilogy
9.Metal Gear Solid
10. Zelda

**** ME! I'M ALL OUTTA ENEMIES!!
i think Max Payne and Sonic the Hedgehog. But to Grim Reality bout True Crime:Streets of LA, in the game if u look closely on one of da umm billboards it sayz " 'True Crime:Streets of LA The Movie' coming September 2005"

Hmmmm i would want Perfect Dark. Its N64 but still a video game

Originally Posted by save charles manson
theres already a film of grand theft auto

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076100
The title is the only real similarity between the two.

I ate all your bees.
Well Halo is perfect for film in my opinion. The whole concept is amazing and if its successful there is easily room for sequels. Bring James Cameron to the helm and you would be looking at one crazy movie!

I wouldnt mind watching Myst/Riven/Exile. The game is so involved and has such good CGI that it is almost like watching a movie anyway. Id love to watch it unravel without having to interact with it!

Definitly
Metal Gear Solid
Deus Ex
doom
duke nukem

and let me think about more...

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Final Fantasy 8 and 10, definitely. The actual game storyline starring the actual 3d characters not another Final Fantasy: The Movie sci fi flick. I don't think people'd care if it's in Japanese, they just need to add subtitles.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I'm not even a Star Wars fan and yet I fell in love with this one.

Lineage II. Although it's an online game, the producers bothered to write out an entire background to the game. It reads like an extremely engaging fantasy novel with a few CGI movie files to go with it too, check it out... http://www.lineage2.com/background/legends_list.asp If done right, I think it could almost rival the fame that Lord of the Rings generated.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."