SONG TOURNAMENT 27

Tools    

ROUND 1, PART 4

1. The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies vs. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper

2. Quiet Riot-Cum on Feel the Noize vs. Darren Hayes - Unloveable

3. Tool - The Pot vs. Laura Branigan - Gloria

4. Marcin Macuk & Kryzsztof Zalewski - Cichosza vs. Lana Del Ray - Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind

5. Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse - Valerie vs. Skull Fist - Bad for Good

6. Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed vs. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

7. Mitski - Townie vs. Evanescence - Bring Me to Life

8. Backstreet Boys - Drowning vs. Glen Campbell-Southern Nights

ROUND 1, PART 4

1. The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies vs. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper
4. Marcin Macuk & Kryzsztof Zalewski - Cichosza vs. Lana Del Ray - Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind

ROUND 1, PART 4

1. The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies vs. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper - Dig the Chain but Kamoze was more fun and have history with it.

3. Tool - The Pot vs. Laura Branigan - Gloria - not a fan of Tool.

4. Marcin Macuk & Kryzsztof Zalewski - Cichosza vs.
Lana Del Ray - Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind

5. Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse - Valerie vs. Skull Fist - Bad for Good - when hipster lounge goes up against a revivalist scorpions/white lion rock band..guess who wins?

6. Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed vs. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday - I like U2's hit but I've heard it way too much since it came out.

8. Backstreet Boys - Drowning vs. Glen Campbell-Southern Nights - love southern nights!

ROUND 1, PART 4

Both good songs. The first was more of a surprise.

Tough choice, actually. Different genres, but both are good songs. I'm second guessing my vote.

Good Stevie Wonder song, but that's one of the U2 songs I really love. Gets my vote.

New for me, kinda digging it.

I kind of can't even with boy bands.

ROUND 1, PART 4

The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies

The Jesus and Mary Chain were alright. Sorry Ini Kamoze, but you're not quite the "lyrical gangsta" that you seem to think you are. You're more like parody material for Filthy Frank.

Darren Hayes - Unloveable

When I don't even listen to this kind of music why is so much of it so overplayed I am already sick of hearing it? I feel like I'm in a mall or the back seat of my friend's dad's car back when I was in high-school. Darren Hayes wins for having better lyrics, vocals, melody, and for being slightly less of a "dad" song. (And yes my dad listens to both)

Tool - The Pot

I was never a Tool fan, but this song was pretty solid. Laura Branigan - Gloria, yeah, I would never consciously choose to listen to Disco, yet I've still somehow heard this countless times. At weddings has to be the worst environment people love to play this tasteless crap for some reason. This is the kind of music that makes me contemplate suicide. Boring looping drums, keyboard from an elevator, and every seven syllables has the exact same melody. It's hard to find music more boring and tacky. If music came in plastic, and there were various degrees of quality of plastic, this would be the kind that cheap dollar store toys come in. The kind that looks like it was melted in a microwave before you open it. I could make fun of this music all day. It's facepalm cringeworthy to the point where I feel nauseous.

Cichosza was interesting. I loved how everyone in the video looked like they were from The Matrix and they never cut to the band pretending to play. However, I judge these based on the music, not the video. Lana Del Ray was subtle, elegant, and poetic. Her voice was beautiful, and her lyrics meaningful.

Skull Fist - Bad for Good

Valerie was good music. I can't knock it, but it's style does not appeal to me. Skull Fist is not the kind of Metal I like. It was a bit boring, but I still found it slightly less unappealing.

Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed

Stevie Wonder is one of those famous artists I was never interested in enough to listen to beyond the samples I've heard in random circumstances, such as in the soundtrack of a movie. It's classy, but does nothing for me. U2 on the other hand are a bunch of gaylords. Look at them hopping around in denim vests. Nothing is funnier to me in music than seeing people like this who actually think they're cool and their music is good. The music is excruciatingly normal and mundane. Sorry, I forgot my trucker hat. It's music for people with mullets.

Mitski - Townie

Evanescence? No... just no. Stupid one-hit-wonder that was never good and overplayed to death by tweens.

Glen Campbell-Southern Nights

I can't believe I'm actually voting for Glen Campbell. The Backstreet Boys are so gay they make Darren Hayes seem straight. Now when I said Laura Branigan was the kind of music that made me contemplate suicide I wasn't joking. The Back Street Boys, and the song Drowning in particular, literally actually did make me not just contemplate suicide, but actually want to go through with it. I was forced to listen to it so many times, and it filled me with loathing and hatred. This takes me back to one of the darkest times in my teenage years when The Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls were huge. Fortunately I'm not in that dark place anymore, but I'm reminded of that hell by this music. Now I have friends and family who like it, so I'm not trying to knock whoever posted it, but I hate this music beyond what words can describe.

ROUND 1, PART 3

1. Hercules and Love Affair - Blind vs. Genesis - I Can't Dance
(Easy choice, even though I don't love Genesis or that particular song.)

2. William Shatner - Common People vs. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B
("S.O.B." is my own nomination. Glad people seem to be digging it, even though it doesn't have much competition in this round.)

3. Motorpsycho - On a Plate vs. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
(Not sure if I've ever listened to Motorpyscho before, but I like the dirty, grungy sound of this particular song and will be checking out more of their stuff when I get a chance. Always loved Michael Jackson, but I'll go with the lesser known artist here. Good match-up.)

4. Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart vs. Kojo Funds ft. Raye - Check
("Tell It to My Heart" isn't anything special, but I'm generally a sucker for 80's pop, and "Check" isn't the type of song I'd ever listen to unless forced to against my will.)

5. Richard Dawson - Scientist vs. The Cure - A Forest
(I like the purposefully unsettling tone of "Scientist," although I'd have to be in the right mindset to listen to it, which apparently I am this morning. I've never understood the appeal of The Cure.)

6. Three Shades of Dirty - Needing Ground vs. United States of Electronica - Open Your Eyes
(The warbling vocals on "Needling Ground" were irksome, but the rest of the song was fine. "Open Your Eyes" made me want to close my ears.)

7. Ciara featuring Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic vs. Bjork - Play Dead
(Bjork always makes interesting music, even if I don't always enjoy listening to it. "Love Sex Magic" isn't terrible, but it's not something I'd willingly listen to.)

8. Van Halen - Love Walks In vs. Jim Carrey - Cold Dead Hand
(Even though Hagar had the better voice, I prefer David Lee Roth as my Van Halen frontman. Ignoring the politics behind "Cold Dead Hand," I genuinely enjoy the song. It's funny (I love Jim Carrey, even if it feels like I haven't loved any of his films since the turn of the century), but the song is also extremely catchy, as evidenced by my inability to get the chorus out of my head lately. Plus it invokes great C&W singers like Marty Robbins and Frankie Laine that I'm used to hearing over the opening credits of old westerns.)

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Round 1, Part 4
I like the rythm.
2. Quiet Riot-Cum on Feel the Noize vs.Darren Hayes - Unloveable

Irrecusably
Both are great, but I nominated first
"Houston, we've got a problem" – it was really hard to choose
Stevie is WONDERfull, but U2 is MAGNIFICENT

Hugh surprise even for me

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Cichosza was interesting. I loved how everyone in the video looked like they were from The Matrix and they never cut to the band pretending to play. However, I judge these based on the music, not the video.
This song was made only for one of this short movies I linked in Polish Cinema Thread. The song isn't played by band during a gigs.

5. Richard Dawson - Scientist vs. The Cure - A Forest-The Cure is just too good and I was expecting Richard Dawson from The Family Feud.
For real.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dawson.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	43570  

ROUND 1, PART 4

1. The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies vs. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper-The first is just much more my style.

2. Quiet Riot-Cum on Feel the Noize vs. Darren Hayes - Unloveable-The first is just much more my style.

3. Tool - The Pot vs. Laura Branigan - Gloria-I like both.

Lana Del Ray - Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind-Not much foreign music I like but the first was good. Second wasn't bad either.

5. Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse - Valerie vs. Skull Fist - Bad for Good-Liked both and I just have an affection for Winehouse.

6. Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed vs. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday-I think I generally prefer Stevie over U2 but definitely not in this case.

7. Mitski - Townie vs. Evanescence - Bring Me to Life-Tough choice because I quite like both. I'm voting for the song I never heard before.

8. Backstreet Boys - Drowning vs. Glen Campbell-Southern Nights-Hard to envision myself voting for the Backdoor Boys even against a bad song.

This is the kind of music that makes me contemplate suicide. Boring looping drums, keyboard from an elevator, and every seven syllables has the exact same melody. It's hard to find music more boring and tacky. If music came in plastic, and there were various degrees of quality of plastic, this would be the kind that cheap dollar store toys come in. The kind that looks like it was melted in a microwave before you open it. I could make fun of this music all day. It's facepalm cringeworthy to the point where I feel nauseous.
Oh man, that's some SERIOUS stuff Was it something that he said?
All the voices in your head calling GLORIAAAAAAAAAAA

Don't die Zotis

ROUND 1, PART 4

This is the kind of music that makes me contemplate suicide. Boring looping drums, keyboard from an elevator, and every seven syllables has the exact same melody. It's hard to find music more boring and tacky. If music came in plastic, and there were various degrees of quality of plastic, this would be the kind that cheap dollar store toys come in. The kind that looks like it was melted in a microwave before you open it. I could make fun of this music all day. It's facepalm cringeworthy to the point where I feel nauseous.

Don't die Zotis
To watch others express how I often feel in these tournaments will probably bind me to them in ways others will never understand.

ROUND 1, PART 5

1. Kiss- God of Thunder vs. Prince - Kiss

2. Sampha - (No One Knows Me) Like the Piano vs. Massive Attack - The Spoils (feat. Hope Sandoval)

3. Stakka Bo - Here We Go vs. The Cars - Magic

4. Die Antwoord - Ugly Boy vs. Everyone Asked About You
I hated both, but Ugly Boy had the decency to not be eleven minutes long.

5. Ben Howard - Only Love vs. Howard Jones - What is Love?

6. Dead Can Dance - Children of the Sun vs. Mabel, Not3s - Fine Line

7. Steve Winwood-While You See a Chance vs. Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl

8. Bat For Lashes - Daniel vs. Plastic Bertrand - Ça Plane Pour Moi

7. Mitski - Townie vs. Evanescence - Bring Me to Life-Tough choice because I quite like both. I'm voting for the song I never heard before.

8. Backstreet Boys - Drowning vs. Glen Campbell-Southern Nights-Hard to envision myself voting for the Backdoor Boys even against a bad song.
Thanks for voting for Mitski since you never heard it before. And lol, backdoor boys, I feel ya.

Don't die Zotis
To watch others express how I often feel in these tournaments will probably bind me to them in ways others will never understand.
Haha, you guys... Don't worry, I'm past all that suicidal stuff. That was my teenage years. But I do hate being so reminded of it. Still, Gloria is not as bad as Drowning. Drowning makes me want to Drown. I just hope dying is shorter than the song.