Least Favorite Movie/Actor/Actress

Tools    

Julia Roberts: I'm sorry, but I don't see the appeal to this woman at all. The two movies that I managed to sit through (Pretty Woman and Pret a Porter) her acting was mediocre at best, if not annoying. I think I dislike her so much is because she keeps getting roles even though there are much better (although less glamour actresses..i.e Jodie Foster) out there who should be in these roles...

Tom Hanks: Although I don't hate the guy, again, I don't see what the big deal is. He was funny in Dragnet, Bachelor Party and Punchline, but I still can't accept this guy as a serious actor, let alone Academy Award Material. He is incapable of displaying any emotion other then having a southern twang and acting like a half-wit. Once more, I dislike him simply because ... I just don't get it.

As far as worst movie..it's hard to say simply becase I usually walk out of the theathre or turn off the tape if I'm not interested in it after 20 minutes, so I'll have to go with Most Disappointing which turns out to some extent to be Most Disliked. That has to be Star Wars: Phanthom Menace. At first I thought my dislike had to do with the fact that as a child I LOVED the Star Wars series (I was 5-11 during the whole series and as a result had a very magickal affect on me), and this movie..total failure. Then as I look back upon it (I went out and bought the tape..don't ask why), I still dislike the movie. I went ahead and put aside the first three Star Wars movies and compare it . The affect...still hated it. The plot is horrendously pathetic, the acting really isn't that great, none of the characters are worth caring for, Jar Jar Binks is horribly annoying...the only thing that it does have going for it is tremendous special FX, which, regardless of what the Summer Blockbusters think, cannot carry a movie at all. Will I go see the next two, of course..I'm dyiing to find out what warps little Anakins mind into making him the Dark Lord of Sith..but still, this movie left a lot to be desired...Plus, on a side note, the idea of turning the Force from some sort of Higher Power idea into a 'genetic trait' as this did in this film, was a bad plot turn..

Oh well..

I think the genetic trait thing was pretty good. I mean they could've screwed up the explanation of "The Force" a LOT worse than that. It was nice that they left it sort of open: yes, there are these tiny life forms inside of us...but we're not really sure how they help us, or why...but they do. So a supernatural element is still very much there, what with all the prophecies and the balance of The Force, etc.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah...I agree with Anton on this. Why would people go around saying," May the force be with you..."
which is obviously simular to," God bless you." if it's just some genetic thing?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hmmm....

I can see another reason why you would agree with Anton. His hatred towards Julia...

I never really fully got into the Star Wars saga, so didn't really care that much with Phantom Menace was released. Don't get me wrong, I thought that A New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back were great flicks. Return of the Jedi, ehh...so so. This is probably where Lucas' knack for good story-telling flatlined.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Yeah...I agree with Anton on this. Why would people go around saying," May the force be with you..."
which is obviously simular to," God bless you." if it's just some genetic thing?
I think that's the brilliance of it: sure, they're little life forms...but that isn't COMPLETELY explained. Wasn't there some point in that little conversation between Anakin and Qui Gon where Qui Gon said something about not knowing, or not being sure of how it worked? I'm under the impression that, yes, they are life forms...but we don't know just why things work the way they do, and something higher MAY be involved...IE: it's an explanation, but not completely closure on the subject.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Hmmm....

I can see another reason why you would agree with Anton. His hatred towards Julia...

I'll win you over to the dark side soon master spud...you will work under my influence and do my bidding...you will fight the evil Darth Roberts...and bring me her severed arm to me, after which I will reward you.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I'll win you over to the dark side soon master spud...you will work under my influence and do my bidding...you will fight the evil Darth Roberts...and bring me her severed arm to me, after which I will reward you.
Yeah yeah, right after he goes to see "Ocean's Eleven."

You mean she still has to live? If you're only wanting her arm, doesn't mean she'll die, she'll be in pain, but not dead.

Cutting off the head would be more to your advantage. WHAT AM I SAYING!?!?!?!? I'm giving Sadie these ideas.

*slamming my head on the desk for being stupid*

Julia robert' has no chemistry with anyone on screen, she had a little with hugh grant in notting hill but i didnt really like that moie anyway. I can see why she got one for Erin Brokavitch, that biker guy wasnt a major part of the story. The mexican could have been the greatest movie ever without her.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by mecurdius
The mexican could have been the greatest movie ever without her.
The Mexican would have been sheer magic, had I played Julia's part. The chemestry between me and Brad could provide enough electricity to power a city! Too bad I'm not famous.

Spud...I just want to maim her. Not finish her off, who would I hate if she was dead?

Least favourite woman in film:

Julia Roberts. To call her an actress would be an injustice to all other actresses out there. The woman is just bad. How can she be the highest earning woman in film? HOW? That annoying embarrassed laugh thing she does. Its not even as if she's attractive (At all actually) enough to take your mind off the poor acting. I avoid anything with her in it (Although as said in a previous thread i may make an exception for Oceans 11). She's almost as wooden as

Least favourite actor:

Hugh Grant. The guy has one role: Foppish annoying Englishman. Singlehandedly destroying the image of Englishmen across the world by portraying them all as posh bumbling fools.

Now you may be expecting my least favourite movie to be Notting Hill but wild horses could not get me to see that.

Least favourite movie(s)

This comes down to a choice of three. Basically i have seen many poor movies and have never actually walked out but only three have actually made me consider it. Two of these will annoy people but each to their own. In no particular order:

1. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou
2. The Thin Red Line
3. Three To Tango

1. Firstly i really enjoyed the previous three or four Coen films (And have them on both video and DVD) but this one i just didnt get. It bored me. All the best bits were in the trailer. There didnt really seem to be much of a story and im afraid as other people in the cinema laughed I was left wondering if they'd been on the Nitrous Oxide and were watching a different film. Not funny at all.

2. Wasn't really in the mood for this as i was jetlagged when I saw it and, again, it bored me. Too much pointless scenery, not enough story, seemed to be an excuse for cameo roles. I need to see this again to give it a second chance but until then its on my sh*tlist.

3. Was forced to see this after, for some insane reason, we let the girls choose the movie. Need I say more.

I was really starting to like you, too! I think O Brother, Where Art Thou? is one of the best movies I've ever had the privilege of seeing. How can you NOT love McGill's stupidly over-the-top choice of words? It's not a straight up comedy, either...the music is a BIG part of it. I love the whole atmosphere they created. I also laughed my a** off. It's one of my favorites, without a doubt.

"Take it from me, Peter: women are the most fiendish instruments of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."
As for Three to Tango -- well, I'm not surprised about that one in the way I am about O Brother, Where Art Thou; I know a lot of people I didn't like it. I couldn't stop laughing, personally.

"I'm batman."

filmfreak, you don't think O Brother is a good movie!? It's hilarious and just an all-around great movie. The cinematography on it was beautiful.

Im sorry, as I said, maybe I just didnt get it. I think the sense of humour in the film completely passed me by, other people clearly thought it was funny but i just didnt get it. I did go into the cinema really expecting to like it though.

Ill watch it again next time its on TV and give it another go.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Uh, Brittney Spears, Sades?

Don't forget the other repeat offenders: Julia and JLH!

Check the last post on the page before this one Sades.
What I said makes sense.