Least Favorite Movie/Actor/Actress

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Well i mean that yeah its always refreshing to see a world not plagued by war, or anything like the US or any other country in the world right now is going through.

Most movies show a life thats not complicated things are easily fixable, and in the end it always turns out for the good. That cliche is just about every movie out there. I enjoy movies like Saving Private Ryan and Thin Red Line because they show that the world isn't candy coated and all the problems will just float away.

I don't see a big problem with putting this sweet topping on everything, but bring it down to a reality based setting for once.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I like Killing Fields way better than Private Ryan becuz they showed civilians & how they suffer in a war. In most war movies they just show the evils (Nazis & Japanese) & the goodies (Americans & snooty Brit officers but not russians) & hardly any of the poor people who live in the houses. And then when they show civilians in a war movie, its usually a holocaust movie. You hardly even see vietnamese in Apocalypse Now do you?

Originally posted by ryanpaige
Which was one of the things that was so refreshing about Ghost World. It showed a "teen" universe that, while quirky, was more mundane and in many ways, closer to the universal experience.

Hear Hear! That was a GREAT movie, its my third favorite of the year behind Princess and the Warrior and A.I.

I like all kinds of movies, I think some teen movies are good, like Ferris Bueller was considered to be one when it was released, or Dazed and Confused, or Fast Times at Ridgemont high. And CLUELESS, I LOVED that movie!!!

I think Freddie Prinze Jr. gets by on looks, I've never really seen him display any actinc chops.

Hopkins is in that movie "Hearts in Atlantis", it looks like a good flick.

I dont really like teen movies, IM WARPED, hahaha! So when is Hearts in atlantis comin out over there, Steve? I dont even know when its opening here. I saw one good review already in AICN. I relly think Hopkins should get at least 1 more Oscar before he croaks.

LOL...

PLite, wouldn't it be just wonderful if after he recieved his oscar he collapsed. Not really, it would be good for him to get one more, the man is talented beyond most actors. It will be a sad day when he passes on.

I think it just sucks that Tom Hanks has TWO Oscars when Tony only has one, is the Academy BLIND? He shoulda got one for Remains of the day & Shadowlands or NIXON & then theres TITUS. Sad sad sad sad. And if Dame Judi gets nominated anymore for playin Queens Ill slit TWTs throat, LOLL!

Now With Moveable Parts
mmmm-k-...back to the thread at hand gents...I saw a least favorite new release just last night.It was 15 Minutes with,sadly,Robert DeNiro.Edward Burns was in it(so)and Kelsie Grammer.Charlize Theron and Kim Catrel had cameos;my thoughts on this movie was,"What the hell?"Why was this movie even made?Poorly scripted,directed,acted(even by DeNiro)it was shameless.Yuck!Anyone else suffer through it?

I actually suffered through 15 Minutes in the theater earlier this year. Big-time disappointment all around. Tried to be a satire and a thriller, but it was too dumb to be an effective satire and too routine to be at all thrilling. Got worse and worse as it went along, leading to a completely ridiculous ending. Bad stuff.

Wild Things is the worst movie ever made.
I know a lot of you think you like it but you've just been made to think that.
I'm telling you now, you hate it.
Bad actress? Piper Perabo, that's an easy one!
She could make anything irritating beyond belief.
Look at Rocky and Bullwinkle, bad enough on its own.
With Russo's incredibly forced accent and it's one joke.
But she's what you'll remember hating after watching this movie.
Seen her on TV, she's hot as hell!
But Coyote Ugly, she sucks in movies!
Actor? Hmmm... Freddie Prinze, Jr. comes to mind.
By the way, thsi is off-topic but does anyone else think the scene in the Replacements where the girl drives and then they're on the water is an allusion to Annie Hall?
I haven't seen either movie recently but i was just now thinking about it.

Terribly bad movie, Driven, lacked everything you can expect to lack in a Stallone movie.

Bad actress - Denise Richards, is all she has talent wise her rack? I mean my God, if you have talent get in some decent movies.

Bad actor - Matthew Lillard, this boy is an all round idiot. Always being cast as the hyperactive friend with a need of getting laid every 5 minutes.

Now With Moveable Parts
I agree,Lillard and Richards are awful.Part of growing as an actor is rising above type casting,not playing victim to it.Julia Roberts does the same thing.Do you think she'll ever play a character that isn't totally loveable by the audiance?Maybe a loser addict or a bad mother,I doubt it.I really dislike Tara Reid as well,what a drip.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by SultanBigPants

Seen her on TV, she's hot as hell!
Are you talking about when she went on the greatest late night show of all time, Conan O'Brien!?!? If so, I saw that and damn she did look hot as hell!

Big lips, yeah I noticed.
Actually I WAS talking about when she went on the greatest talk show of all time, Craig Kilborn.

Agreed...he was funny then, but he's always been a little too cocky for my tastes. OVERLY suave. It becomes annoying after awhile. Jon Stewart, even though I didn't like him early on, is 100 times funnier. Oh, and Conan has the best show...hands down. Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog JUST ONCE. If you don't agree, well, you're nuts.

LOL..Jon is funnier than Craig, but I think they kinda pushed him to that. Ever see Insomniac? Different show, way different guy that hosts it if you wanna call it that, but it's funny as hell.

Y'all just don't understand.
I became an insomniac on purpose so I could see Craig Kilborn's show!
Way better than Jon Stewart's forced oddball comedy.
The Daily Show relies heavily on Steven Colbert, now.
This one's for you, Kilby!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by SultanBigPants
Y'all just don't understand.
I became an insomniac on purpose so I could see Craig Kilborn's show!
Way better than Jon Stewart's forced oddball comedy.
The Daily Show relies heavily on Steven Colbert, now.
This one's for you, Kilby!
Oddball comedy?Pff...whatever.John Stewart is the man.His comic timing and wit is unmatched;and yes all the other components of the daily show are great as well,the whole show is cool.I enjoy everything about it...except the guy who does Back in Black...talk about forced comedy...sheesh.