Best Movies on Prostitution?

Tools    

Belle De Jour
When A Woman Ascends The Stairs
Gion Bayashi
Irezumi

all
and above movies for me though you may not like any of them

Just saw a Nick Broomfield documentary yesterday : Tales of the Grim Sleeper. It's supposed to be about a serial killer, but I found it was more about his victims and the community of oucasts prostitutes and have-nots that the media is usually silent about.

Although it's less about prostitution than prostitutes, I think it offers an accurate portray of them, and so you might like it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Elmer Gantry
Nights of Cabiria
Waterloo Bridge
Nazarin
Anna Christie
Diary of a Lost Girl
Hungry for Love
Safe in Hell
The Goddess
(1934)
Of Human Bondage
The Story of Temple Drake

i will list some bollywood movies on prostitution

here chameli is name of prostitute . story of a man who meets her outside an ATM on a rainy windswept night . chameli is also a flower . in india prostitutes are commonly named after flowers .

tawaif means high class prostitute . the story tells of the longing such a woman has for normal life with husband children etc .

'pati patni aur tawaif' means husband wife and prostitute . the story shows the havoc that husband's obsession with a beautiful prostitute creates on his family and children as he neglects them .

pak means pure and pakeezah tells the story of a prostitute whose heart is pure inspite of her profession . the movie throws light on the hypocrisy of society , which condones men who visit prostitutes but paints those ladies as sluts .

young boy falls in love with older prostitute and they elope to get married . but will society and it's taunts allow the two to lead a normal married life ?

Tokyo Decadence, which is about a Japanese submissive who visits a variety of horny Japanese business men. It feels like a David Lynch type story as it's very dreamlike.

Street Smart with Christopher Reeve, Kathy Baker, and Morgan Freeman is also a great movie. Freeman got an Oscar nomination for playing the very realistic and terrifying pimp

Mamma Roma (1962), is one of Passolini's better films about an aging prostitute and her troubled son.

Mysterious Skin, LIE, and Flawless are all decent gay prostitute films, all of which came out fairly recently.

But they best pure movie has to be Vivre Sa Vie, My Life to Live from Goddard.