Protective guys movies?

Tools    

Oh I love dark night. And hulk also. Watch all of them big fan of super heros.
And thank you so much for all thesemovies I better get on with it.
Also watched Disco Pigs nd I loved the movie so ty for that too.

When I read the title, this is the first thing that came to mind...

LOL -- later in the movie he mentions them having exchanged bodily fluids. HOW??!

Also watched Disco Pigs nd I loved the movie so ty for that too.
Ooohhhh...you earned some points there with me. (see, bitches can totally be won over. )

Now that I know you can handle a weird, fierce, yet beautiful story, I will raid my collection this weekend and see if any more stand out. I know I have more in my memory brain-bank that would suit you but they're lost in a sea of "watched far too much to rattle off a list on the spot".

I'm so happy you liked Disco Pigs. I know...that name...

Hahah believe it or not. Ur really sweet ^^
Movie was amazing. Im really into all those deep love mental movies. Ill gladly watch any other u recommend

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Have you already seen the very mental Mad Love, mentioned above?

Hahah believe it or not. Ur really sweet ^^
Movie was amazing. Im really into all those deep love mental movies. Ill gladly watch any other u recommend
Aaawh!!! And I haven't forgotten...I just have to give my bf some attention with Stephen King movies this weekend.

I watched Clash of the Titan.
I watched now recommended Mad Love nd had a laugh. Great movie. Disco Pigs still the best so far
First Knight im not so shure I watched so will order it tomorrow

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I will also second True Romance. IMDB does a poor job of summarizing the story. For me, it's more about two crazy people that are in love and all the exaggerated drama and violence they go through for each other in the world and context they live in.

Try Heathers. Funny, it's another Slater movie!!! IMDB does not describe this one well either.

maaaaaybe Fear? I didn't care for this movie, but you might, given the topic. More about violent obsession than love, so I'm not sure.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
There was Westley taking on Humperdinck for Buttercup in "The Princess Bride", as well as getting her through the Fire Swamp in one piece.
WARNING: "The Princess Bride" spoilers below
(Boy, she was a lot of help with the RUS, wasn't she?)

haha. I LOVE that you put spoiler tags on The Princess Bride!!!!

Long story short, looks like mostly mental defectives are protective in movies or a mental defective needs protection. I'm even seeing this new genre popping up called Strong Female Lead, which tells me Hollywood is not interested in making normal protective or overprotective movies.

Long story short, looks like mostly mental defectives are protective in movies or a mental defective needs protection. I'm even seeing this new genre popping up called Strong Female Lead, which tells me Hollywood is not interested in making normal protective or overprotective movies.
The question now may be the definition of "normal".

You're right, but I'm not so sure I'd call it a "new" genre. From my perspective, it started with Ripley in "Alien" and continued with the progressively tougher Final Girls in the slasher and other horror movies of the '80s and beyond. Compare Sally in "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974) to Jamie Lee Curtis in, well, everything (1978 - c. 1981), to Nancy in "Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984) or Sydney in "Scream" (1996). (Of course, there may also have been genres other than horror in operation here -- anybody know for sure?)

In the politically correct '90s, of course, All Women In All Movies were practically required to be pistol-packing badasses (even in movies that were set before the invention of the pistol), arguably amounting to a new cliche. (Of course, it was also in the '90s that naked breasts promptly disappeared from the face of the earth, even as Kevin Costner's naked butt started showing up in EVERY movie -- talk about your gender-based double standards!)

Anyway, I think what you're describing is the continuation of that trend, e.g., "The Mummy" (1999), "King Arthur" (2004), "The Legend of Zorro" (2005), etc. ad tedium.

Oh well, if that's what it took for the culture to portray women as other than a bunch of screaming weenies who couldn't keep from tripping (or get back up!) in the vicinity of a monster or a masked killer, OK, fine, whatever. Whether it's made for better or more interesting popular culture, however, may be up for debate, although it unquestionably opens up more possibilities.

haha. I LOVE that you put spoiler tags on The Princess Bride!!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT?!

WARNING: "The Princess Bride" spoilers below
Oh, wait, never mind . . . it's more kissing . . . you don't want to hear that.

The question now may be the definition of "normal".

You're right, but I'm not so sure I'd call it a "new" genre.
By normal, I mean that the character is portrayed as just a regular good guy. In Forrest Gump, both characters (Forrest, Jenny) seem to have issues and are protective of each other at different times.

Ripley may have started it, but only now do we have enough of these strong character female leads to fill an entirely separate category. They've been working towards it.