Any former IMDB users here?

Tools    

I check movies on I Check Movies and I rate them here! Who needs IMDb?
With the boards gone? No one, really. That place is nothing more than a stale piece of toast now.

I've been lurking around here for a while now, so thought I should finally introduce myself. Was a loyal IMDB forum member for 6+ years until they shut down the place.

Do we have any other IMDB members here?

Yep. After 15 active if misspent years, I deleted my account and signed on here the day they eviscerated the site, er, shut down the boards. Kept the same user name and signature, on the absurd assumption that my reputation would doubtlessly precede me. (Who knew?)

Anyway, I'm glad to see some more IM-debris. What movies, genres, etc. are you into?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
What boards were you a regular on, BOP? I dont think we came across each other until here.

What boards were you a regular on, BOP? I dont think we came across each other until here.

"Emergency!", a lot of horror movie boards, especially "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" and other slasher movies, "Kung Fu", "Mystery Science Theater 3000", and pretty much anything I'd seen recently or that otherwise grabbed me. What about you?

"Emergency!", a lot of horror movie boards, especially "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" and other slasher movies, "Kung Fu", "Mystery Science Theater 3000", and pretty much anything I'd seen recently or that otherwise grabbed me. What about you?
LOL Oh Nooooes. Not Kung Fu movies. That's violence.

Very briefly on movie boards after seeing one, but mostly long term on violent tv show boards.

Yes, for at least 15 years. The forums were the only reason I went there.

Excited for the new MST3K episodes?

LOL Oh Nooooes. Not Kung Fu movies. That's violence.

Very briefly on movie boards after seeing one, but mostly long term on violent tv show boards.
Oh and when things were slow I would go to actor boards to watch the complex behaviour of strange creatures known as Stans.

@Dani8 tbh that's what I miss. Like if I'm having a moment with a certain director, actor, series ir film, I could get it out my system on individual pages where everyone was having moments (good or bad) with the sane thing so the itch got scratched. Here omg you all get to suffer my little obsessions.

@Dani8 tbh that's what I miss. Like if I'm having a moment with a certain director, actor, series ir film, I could get it out my system on individual pages where everyone was having moments (good or bad) with the sane thing so the itch got scratched. Here omg you all get to suffer my little obsessions.
I miss seeing the insanity of people with celebrity worship syndrome and the amount of drivel they like to make up about their idols but I dont think it's a very good idea to try to get inside their minds to figure out what the hell is wrong with them that they behave like 5 year olds with a celebrity crush and convince themselves they're going to meet their idols and be whisked off their feet to live happily ever after. Ohh the days of madness, cat.

I was temporarily fascinated with reading a woman who apparently spent years hating Michael Fassbender on his imdb page. Such dedication had me thinking she really wanted to jump his bones.

I was temporarily fascinated with reading a woman who apparently spent years hating Michael Fassbender on his imdb page. Such dedication had me thinking she really wanted to jump his bones.
LOL. When Hannibal was on I became intrigued by a wife and mother who was madly inlove with Laurence Fishburne and was basically the only person posting on his board other than people pointing and laughing that she kept replying to herself about him.

LOL. When Hannibal was on I became intrigued by a wife and mother who was madly inlove with Laurence Fishburne and was basically the only person posting on his board other than people pointing and laughing that she kept replying to herself about him.
Hey, I like Laurence Fishburne!

Oh, I think I just missed the point.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I thought this was something new, but, it looks like I Check Movies needs them and uses them for their ratings.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I thought this was something new, but, it looks like I Check Movies needs them and uses them for their ratings.
But I never Care for the rating - being from IMDb or not, I just use it to check movies and to use the Lists I like!