So where are we all from?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I want a racoon. I think they're probably a banned import here.

Born in Virginia, moved to California as an infant, then back east to Maryland when I was five. Have lived most of my life here in Howard County, Maryland, in the towns Columbia and Ellicott City. As an adult I have also lived for stretches in San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR.

Columbia, MD was sort of famous in its heyday, the late '60s and through the '70s, as a planned community, designed by James Rouse, who is the grandfather of actor Edward Norton. Norton grew up here (we never crossed paths), as did Pulitzer Prize winning author Michael Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Adventures of Cavalier & Clay), artist/writer Aaron McGruder (The Boondocks), and musician Dave Sitek (TV on the Radio). I have met Chabon a couple times and even had lunch with him once, through one of my Portland friends actually (and we had lunch in San Diego at ComicCon). Though I didn't know Edward Norton or Aaron McGruder I did know David Sitek. Our brothers were friends and he and I spent a couple summers working together at a stage theater, though I haven't spoken to him since the 1990s. If any of you are big TV on the Radio fans, I can share a pic of Sitek and me as skinny teenagers goofing around the theatre.

Here is an essay Chabon wrote back in 2001 about how Columbia captured his imagination as a kid.

https://fmarcial.wordpress.com/2009/...n-columbia-md/

And here is a very 1970s educational film about my town. They start talking about Columbia at about the 9:35 mark. You can see the suburban utopia I grew up in. I live in Columbia, now. It has certainly expanded and changed over the decades, but the core elements of the original planned community are still around.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Outside of Seattle, Washington
FYI, I've gone to PAX West the last two years and there's a good chance I'll go again this year, if you end up hanging around this site long enough to want to say hello.

That goes for any other MoFos in the Seattle area (PAX West is usually right around Labor Day).

New Jersey - considered far and wide the single worst place in all the world!

Our humidity is thicker than the rain forests' and in the winter it's colder than Siberia!

Our state bird is the mosquito!

Aliens won't even abduct people from NJ.

Even the Bigfoots that used to live in the Pine Barrens have all moved to Oregon.

LMAO, Cap. I've nver been there. Don't think I'll put it on my travel list unless there's an alien invasion.

Ah, so you've been? Did you live here/visit?
Nope....just an avid fan of Food Network shows looking for those good "dives".

LMAO, Cap. I've nver been there. Don't think I'll put it on my travel list unless there's an alien invasion.
The good thing is there are very few earthquakes!

But seriously, it's a very diverse state - I always say I could drive 45 minutes in any direction and be in such places as New York City (the most famous city in the world), wide open farmland (we are still called "the Garden State"), at many of the famous Jersey Shores including the gambling mecca of Atlantic City (that's more like a couple hours' drive from me), in wealthy upscale areas inhabited by celebrities, in some of the worst most crime-infested ghettos, in deep coniferous forests or atop high mountains along the Appalachian Trail.

The most loathsome of all goblins
New Jersey - considered far and wide the single worst place in all the world!

Our humidity is thicker than the rain forests' and in the winter it's colder than Siberia!

Our state bird is the mosquito!

Aliens won't even abduct people from NJ.

Even the Bigfoots that used to live in the Pine Barrens have all moved to Oregon.
What's the difference between a girl from New Jersey and the garbage?

WARNING: "punchline" spoilers below
The garbage is taken out
Another Texas MoFo! Very nice.

I live in the DFW metro area.
Did you get your Texas starter pack yet?

But seriously, it's a very diverse state.
Sounds like Sydney.

I am from Teesside in England

Now live in Cumbria in England

I'm American and currently living in a southern portion of the US. I was born in the northern states, though, and grew up with some cold/snowy winters.