The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Several of you have said something similar about Dune, don't let other peoples opinions or critics form your own, about any movie or anything. Just watch it with an open mind.
I agree with this. I completely stick by it being one of the worst films i've ever seen but clearly it works for others or it wouldn't have made the list so i'd give it a shot especially if you love Lynch and you own it.

Also join the David Lynch Club, Tokeza

Hope Lynch doesn't sue me for including Dune related threads in the David Lynch Club. You may have to create an Alan Smithee Club, Yoda.
Ha! that was funny....Alan Smithee I got it too

Several of you have said something similar about Dune, don't let other peoples opinions or critics form your own, about any movie or anything. Just watch it with an open mind.
Totally agree - my own opinion however is to not bother with it

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I have seen the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune, which is quite fun
I've been wanting to see that, thanks for reminding about that one

Let the night air cool you off
I've seen only Dune from the first set. It's awful, and not in the so-bad-its-good type of way. It's awful, just awful. Looper looked interesting at first, but I never got around to it. I don't really care if I see it or not.

I know I'm only going to see less than half my list. If that. So far, not so good.

Let the night air cool you off
I know I'm only going to see less than half my list. If that. So far, not so good.
Have a little faith, buddy.

It would help if Mr Minio would vote in these darn things though.

Have a little faith, buddy.

It would help if Mr Minio would vote in these darn things though.
It was expected. I'll be happy with seeing at least 5 make it, ha.

I agree with this. I completely stick by it being one of the worst films i've ever seen but clearly it works for others or it wouldn't have made the list so i'd give it a shot especially if you love Lynch and you own it.

Also join the David Lynch Club, Tokeza
Welli, i dont really disagree, there are so many movies to watch and we all try to make selections on what to watch and to be blunt Dune is in the bottom of that pile of films

Would love to join the Lynch Club, do you have a link?

It was expected. I'll be happy with seeing at least 5 make it, ha.
I bet you have more than 5 show up. Patients you need, young Jedi
Is that you Dr. Monnom?
Can I make an appointment to get my gammy leg looked at

'Tis ok and no slight intended, being parsley sighted I often get words mixed up too CR

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I saw Looper a while back, and I remembered liking it so I rewatched it for this countdown. I liked it more this time, but it didn't make my list. It's a good movie, but not a great movie.

I tried watching Dune many years ago, but all I remember is being so bored with it that I turned it off part way into the movie. I haven't had any interest in trying it again.

I remember disliking Dune very much the first time I saw it. I had already read the books twice at that time, so you could say I was a fan. I just thought it tried to cram as much scenes from the (first) book into the pellicule.

But then I revisited it, and holly molly do I like it! How did Lynch manage to adapt such a dense and rich universe, that is a mystery to me. Plus, the soundtrack by Toto is amaazing

Btw, I must be the one putting it a #4, and I'm glad I did, because now it's on the list, and some of you may revisit it.