250 Of Camo's Favourites

→ in
Tools    

I remember really being moved by the story of John Merrick in The Elephant Man...Glad to see that movie get some respect, I hardly ever hear anyone talk about it these days.

The Maltese Falcon, Of course I love film noir! I could watch this one over and over and still discover acting tidbits, that I hadn't noticed before. Haven't seen any of the others on your list.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
So far I've seen and loved most of the films from your list. The ones I didn't love I haven't seen. Haha.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I remember really being moved by the story of John Merrick in The Elephant Man...Glad to see that movie get some respect, I hardly ever hear anyone talk about it these days.

The Maltese Falcon, Of course I love film noir! I could watch this one over and over and still discover acting tidbits, that I hadn't noticed before. Haven't seen any of the others on your list.
The Elephant Man is my second favourite Lynch and is in my top five of the 80s. Always hated it as a kid because along with another film to come it seriously got to me; making me cry, it still does but i've grown to appreciate rather than resent a film that can do that as an adult.

I soooo dont blame you for not putting these in a order. Listing your top 250 would be hard in itself. If theres a flick Ive seen in one of the films posted, the ever invaluable mighty "rep" shall come.

I soooo dont blame you for not putting these in a order. Listing your top 250 would be hard in itself. If theres a flick Ive seen in one of the films posted, the ever invaluable mighty "rep" shall come.
Agreed. I'm not even happy with the top ten in my profile. Past the first three films, I'll never truly know where the rest of my favorite movies go, or what all should be listed.

Nice list you have.

Yeah, to both Destiny and TONGO since you said the same thing mostly.

I think alot of you guys know my tastes and favourites by now which is why i wanted it to be more than 100, i ended up with 250 films i at least like alot so i went with it. As i said i reading ranked lists like Miss Vicky's, but at this point i've seen too many great films to attempt to order them so i thought a collection of my favourites would be better.

A great many of these are ones i rewatch too because i love them so i like the idea of having these listed and being able to link in a review i've done for one of them in that second post.

Anyway, thanks for following guys

Yeah, to both Destiny and TONGO since you said the same thing mostly.
but at this point i've seen too many great films to attempt to order them so i thought a collection of my favourites would be better.
I did mine in sort of the same way, by choosing my top favorites per genre. I snagged favorite clips from my DVDs, but that was way too much work, to show people what each film was like. Why I thought they were so great. Later on I did a chain thing with all my favorites, but this time I snagged the movie trailers from my DVDs. Again, too much work and time spent. The day will come when I figure out a cute but quick as hell way to do my favorite movies. Maybe I'll just call the thread, "All the ***** I like!", or "All the damn movies I own."

OK, continue on with your cool movies, my dear.

I did mine in sort of the same way, by choosing my top favorites per genre. I snagged favorite clips from my DVDs, but that was way too much work, to show people what each film was like. Why I thought they were so great. Later on I did a chain thing with all my favorites, but this time I snagged the movie trailers from my DVDs. Again, too much work and time spent. The day will come when I figure out a cute but quick as hell way to do my favorite movies. Maybe I'll just call the thread, "All the ***** I like!", or "All the damn movies I own."

OK, continue on with your cool movies, my dear.
Sounds great . SC has already cornered the marker with his "100 movies whenever i damn feel like it" or whatever it was called list though . Will have to look through and bump the threads you are talking about when i have the time they sound great

Mines is not organized in any way though, it's just 250 films i like alot or love; basically films i'd rate at least
if i cared about ratings, i used a randomizer to mix them all up so there's no special order to these for me.

Love Pinocchio and Godfather 2, I've seen Maltese Falcon and thought it was pretty good, but gotta admit it's a little boring at parts.

Looking forward to the rest!

Love Pinocchio and Godfather 2, I've seen Maltese Falcon and thought it was pretty good, but gotta admit it's a little boring at parts.

Looking forward to the rest!
Surprised you found it boring. It's not action filled obviously but i'd say it is one of the quicker: each scene has some point of interest 40's Noirs i've seen. Are those films you just don't like or was this boring to you for a specific reason?

obviously don't answer this if you want i'm up for discussion though and found that comment something i particularly disagree with

Godfather II, Paris Texas, Shotgun Stories.

Showed my boys the Indiana Jones films not too long ago, it had been yeaes since I had seen them. Raiders holds up. Temple Of Doom kinda sucks. I'm half kidding. There really is alot of nostalgia tied up in it I think though.

Godfather II, Paris Texas, Shotgun Stories.

Showed my boys the Indiana Jones films not too long ago, it had been yeaes since I had seen them. Raiders holds up. Temple Of Doom kinda sucks. I'm half kidding. There really is alot of nostalgia tied up in it I think though.
What was your boys favourites?

Surprised you found it boring. It's not action filled obviously but i'd say it is one of the quicker: each scene has some point of interest 40's Noirs i've seen. Are those films you just don't like or was this boring to you for a specific reason?

obviously don't answer this if you want i'm up for discussion though and found that comment something i particularly disagree with
I mean it's been about 2 years since I watched it, so there's a possibility I would like it more on a re watch. Now don't get me wrong, I did like it, Bogart was good of course, and I liked the ending. I honestly can't even remember which parts bored me but I know that some parts in the middle did. Sorry I can't tell you more I just can't remember those specific parts that well.

It's funny though because not that long ago my mom, who really likes movies from the 40s-60s, said she tried watching it but turned it off after 30 minutes because she thought it was too boring. I didn't think it was that boring.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Good job with your list so far Camo. I'm just thinking that if you keep watching more movies as fast as you have lately, you'll need to add hundreds more to the list, but the way you set it up, you can do that easily - just have Yoda change the number in the thread title.

So far for me:

Pinocchio (Disney, 1940) ~ One of the best animation films of all time.
The Maltese Falcon (John Huston, 1941) ~ Love it! It's about time to give that one a rewatch.
Kwaidan (Masaki Kobayashi, 1964) ~ I've never seen any Kobayashi films, but I'm very interested in getting to know him.
Take The Money And Run (Woody Allen, 1969) ~ Not one of my favorite Woody films. I'm a bigger fan of his more dramatic work.
The Godfather Part II (Francis Ford Coppola, 1974) ~ Fantastic.
The Elephant Man (David Lynch, 1980) ~ Great film.
Paris, Texas (Wim Wenders, 1984) ~ Gorgeous movie. Unique and deeply moving filmmaking.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Steven Spielberg, 1984) ~ My favorite Indiana Jones film.
Three Colours: Red (Krzysztof Kieślowski, 1994) ~ Love the whole trilogy and this one may be my favorite, although Blue is close.
Shotgun Stories (Jeff Nichols, 2007) ~ Haven't seen any Jeff Nichols films yet and need to change that urgently!

Good job with your list so far Camo. I'm just thinking that if you keep watching more movies as fast as you have lately, you'll need to add hundreds more to the list, but the way you set it up, you can do that easily - just have Yoda change the number in the thread title.
Thanks alot Mark . As i always say your movie posts have always been my favourite; Spaulding said once he loves going to a random page in the Movie Tab and finding a review of yours, i've always done that myself and i honestly think i probably know certain threads (Resnais) of yours better than you because i return to them so much

Anyway, yeah as i said this isn't supposed to be anything definitive if i finish this and end up with say 10 new favourites i'd add them and most likely with write-ups since i've been posting my thoughts much more this year. Good idea, thankfully i won't have to ask him for a while because he's done enough for me today if you've read my other thread haha.

Thanks for following, it really does mean alot to me that you are

Thanks for following, it really does mean alot to me that you are
What about me?!

So far for me:

Pinocchio (Disney, 1940) ~ One of the best animation films of all time.
The Maltese Falcon (John Huston, 1941) ~ Love it! It's about time to give that one a rewatch.
Kwaidan (Masaki Kobayashi, 1964) ~ I've never seen any Kobayashi films, but I'm very interested in getting to know him.
Take The Money And Run (Woody Allen, 1969) ~ Not one of my favorite Woody films. I'm a bigger fan of his more dramatic work.
The Godfather Part II (Francis Ford Coppola, 1974) ~ Fantastic.
The Elephant Man (David Lynch, 1980) ~ Great film.
Paris, Texas (Wim Wenders, 1984) ~ Gorgeous movie. Unique and deeply moving filmmaking.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Steven Spielberg, 1984) ~ My favorite Indiana Jones film.
Three Colours: Red (Krzysztof Kieślowski, 1994) ~ Love the whole trilogy and this one may be my favorite, although Blue is close.
Shotgun Stories (Jeff Nichols, 2007) ~ Haven't seen any Jeff Nichols films yet and need to change that urgently!
I've seen all of Nichols and four Kobayashi films. Don't pretend to know your taste well but i'd be surprised if you didn't find some stuff you liked there at least. For the record, i'm pretty sure i'm the only person who has seen all of Nichols films with Shotgun Stories as their favourite. It's fantastic though and the ideal starting point even if you do end up preferring his later stuff.

Glad you liked all of the others and another Temple of Doom as favourite member . I didn't actually know it was yours.