Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah you've told me that before. You seem to have really nice social skills.

How about you tell Trump how civilised Iranians are!

Why was he unarmed? Was he not working at the time? No taser?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39363933

EDIT:

There is an explanantion that makes little sense to me...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...c-keith-palmer
Well you know most police are unarmed here, but I think most British citizens thought that the police guarding Downing Street and the Houses of Parliament were armed. Particularly as there has been attacks in the past like when MP Airey Neave was killed when his car was blown up by the INLA in the underground car park there back in 1979. It's a mystery to me, but no doubt that will be part of the enquiry afterwards.
It's really sad cos our Bobbies are seen as approachable, not like in some countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-westminster/

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
You can have non-lethal arms like tasers, pepper spray or batons and still be approachable. How do you protect others, when you're not given the means to protect yourself from a knife?

Wow! London, the liberal utopia...

A Blunder for the Books: Why Did Westminster Use Unarmed Guards?
The police constables are sometimes (but not always) assisted by yet more unarmed security guards from the Metropolitan Police P Division (Parliamentary Police). Behind the scenes, Metropolitan Police D Division (Diplomatic Protection) provide firearms support, although a cursory look at the weapons shows some of them aren’t even loaded.

Today the attacker simply had to overpower two unarmed police officers and he was in the heart of British government. Those officers could call for backup—but why weren’t the firearms officers at the gate in the first place?
http://observer.com/2017/03/westmins...police-guards/

You've mentioned your Iranian neighbours before, Iran is one of the more civilised countries of the middle east. Right near the top of the list. If you are basing your opinion of Muslims and Islam on people from Iran then you are deluded.
She is most likely basing her opinions on extensive traveling she has done to all over the world and many different people she met, including Muslims, along the way. Also, I believe she mentioned quite a few sources she reads to get her news that are very diverse.

One thing she is not doing is passing judgement on the world from an armchair stuck in her living room constantly watching one source of news like most people at least here in the USA are.

It's really sad cos our Bobbies are seen as approachable, not like in some countries.

]
Your Bobbies are lovely, Christine. Once again, I think your guys and gals handled this all so well.

She is most likely basing her opinions on extensive traveling she has done to all over the world and many different people she met, including Muslims, along the way. Also, I believe she mentioned quite a few sources she reads to get her news that are very diverse.

One thing she is not doing is passing judgement on the world from an armchair stuck in her living room constantly watching one source of news like most people at least here in the USA are.
Here's the same exact logical fallacy used in two different directions:

1. Because there is so much Islamic Terrorism in the world, all Muslims must be terrorists.
2. Because I know and have met so many nice Muslims throughout the world, there can't be any such thing as Islamic Terrorism (and if there is, it's not a big deal).

Both are wrong.

Here's the same exact logical fallacy used in two different directions:

1. Because there is so much Islamic Terrorism in the world, all Muslims must be terrorists.
2. Because I know and have met nice Muslims throughout the world, there can't be any such thing as Islamic Terrorism (and if there is, it's not a big deal).

Both are wrong.
#2 that's garbage, Cap, and you know it. Point out to me where I ever said there is no extremist nutbags being terrorists in the world and I will pay you a million dollars, give you my first born, and the deeds to my house. Pull your head in and stop being so obtuse. I know you're not stupid so stop misrepresenting what I;m saying for christ's ske!

Some .au news...

British Metropolitan police asked for more weapons two months ago
THE BRITISH PUBLIC WANT THEIR POLICE ARMED

But there is no doubt that the spate of terrorist attacks, and in particular lone wolf attacks that have plagued Europe — so many of them inspired by the Islamic State — in recent years has resulted in a change in attitudes within the force.

The MBF survey carried out in January showed 26 per cent of Metropolitan police now want to be routinely armed — a jump of six per cent over the previous year.

The British public, however, have long called for their police to be more weaponised. A 2004 national poll on terrorism found 47 per cent supported arming all police, compared to 48 per cent against.

And in 2007, a survey of 2,156 people by think tank Policy Exchange found 72 per cent wanted to see more armed police patrols.

This morning’s attack has renewed public calls for all British police to carry guns — particularly in London and particularly for those officers guarding sensitive landmarks like the Palace of Westminster.

A scathing article by political staffer turned journalist Andre Walker published in the Observer online poured scorn on the practice of using unarmed guards to protect Parliament.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/...5a44d439b2ef6e

#2 that's garbage, Cap, and you know it. Point out to me where I ever said there is no extremist nutbags being terrorists in the world and I will pay you a million dollars, give you my first born, and the deeds to my house. Pull your head in and stop being so obtuse. I know you're not stupid so stop misrepresenting what I;m saying for christ's ske!
I didn't say you said it. I said, here's the same logical fallacy used in two different directions.

I didn't say you said it. I said, here's the same logical fallacy used in two different directions.

Thank god. I thought I had to pay you a million bucks, give you my house and push out a baby.

OK back to the issue of media and terrorism, I just saw something trending on social media about criticism levelled at UK journalists for how they handled the matter. I dont understand the criticism. As far as I'm concerned they did the best job so far at laying low until facts came to hand.

OK back to the issue of media and terrorism, I just saw something trending on social media about criticism levelled at UK journalists for how they handled the matter. I dont understand the criticism. As far as I'm concerned they did the best job so far at laying low until facts came to hand.
Who do you think NYP quoted in their story? It was Channel 4.

The UK’s Channel 4 News and The Independent initially named Izaadeen as the suspect, but several sources told BBC News that the radical Muslim cleric is still in jail and not responsible for the attack.
https://nypost.com/2017/03/22/radica...ndon-attacker/

Thank god. I thought I had to pay you a million bucks, give you my house and push out a baby.

But don't you realize when you or others call people "Islamophobes" you are accusing THEM of engaging in the first logical fallacy I outlined?

You've called me that multiple times, but I do not say that "all Muslims are terrorists."
I only have a rational fear (not a phobia) of the fascist political ideology of Islam that drives many Muslims to become terrorists and those that carry out terrorism.

But don't you realize when you or others call people "Islamophobes" you are accusing THEM of engaging in the first logical fallacy I outlined?

You've called me that multiple times, but I do not say that "all Muslims are terrorists."
I only have a rational fear (not a phobia) of the fascist political ideology of Islam that drives many Muslims to become terrorists and those that carry out terrorism.
What are you on about? You quoted me talking about the UK media reporting but now you're on this rant? Jesus christ, Cap. Put down the goon or just stop your blatant baiting,

We've gone on holiday by mistake

You ve just passed judgement on me in the same way you lambast me for doing so against Dani.

I dont think D is lambasting you. She's a very laid back poster from what I've seen over the years I've known her. That second comment was a general comment about people, not you as an individual.

Time we all shared a peace pipe and think of the people who were murdered and their grieving loved ones.

You ve just passed judgement on me in the same way you lambast me for doing so against Dani.
I definitely did not. I was simply voicing my frustration about the people around me where I live. Nobody specific. I actually thought you were from the UK.
Your accusation of Dani being deluded was very specific. I just gave you some reasons as to why I think you are wrong regarding her.

I definitely did not. I was simply voicing my frustration about the people around me where I live. Nobody specific. I actually thought you were from the UK.
Your accusation of Dani being deluded was very specific. I just gave you some reasons as to why I think you are wrong regarding her.
Dont worry, D. According to few people in this thread I'm delusional, brainwashed, an apologist, have mental health issues, and even a terrorist sympathiser. You know the funny thing is, when I broke down and cried at the 9/11 memorial museum helping an older lady who freaked out because her firefighter son died there, who helped me walk her outside? 3 middle eastern women. That lovely woman wasnt upset by what ever invisible friend she thought those women prayed to.

Well, since we're all talking about (and accusing / defending) each other...
I have to address Dani's assertion a few posts back that @ashdoc is a troll.

The reason Ashdoc made this thread was because I kept posting individual threads about terror attacks (that's right, me = Captain Islamotroll Steel). I posted one after the San Bernardino attack and another after the Paris attack.
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=43758
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=43571

My guess is that Ashdoc was trying to establish one thread so people like me wouldn't keep posting new threads (on a movie forum) every time there was another Islamic Terrorist attack, because soon, that many threads would consume the board as the Islamic Terror attacks just keep happening.

Another reason Ashdoc is not a troll is because he engages in movie discussions and has started movie threads (unfortunately, most westerners on the MoFo are unfamiliar with a lot of Bollywood and / or "foreign" films.) I can certainly relate to people not responding to threads someone starts (I've got about 57 of them)!