The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Tools    

Tweens calling Joss Whedon a misogynist?

RIDICULOUS, btw.

Kids these days!
Saddest thing is it wasn't just tweens calling him a misosoupist or whatever. I'm sure there were a few Ed Gein "male feminist" types taking the time out of their day to troll his twitter, in between playing dress up in their mom's lingerie.

Sorry for the cringeworthy imagery.

What struck me is how unique, deep yet fun the entire experience turned out. I enjoyed this film more watching it the second time then I did the first. My mind was racing that I didn't let the story breathe the first time around.

What struck me is how unique, deep yet fun the entire experience turned out. I enjoyed this film more watching it the second time then I did the first. My mind was racing that I didn't let the story breathe the first time around.
I thought it was great, better than the first Avengers

Though the first one has better ratings on RT and Metacritic, go figure, lol

There's a story?

Welcome to the human race...
Saddest thing is it wasn't just tweens calling him a misosoupist or whatever. I'm sure there were a few Ed Gein "male feminist" types taking the time out of their day to troll his twitter, in between playing dress up in their mom's lingerie.

Sorry for the cringeworthy imagery.

Yes. want me to explain the whole thing to you from the beginning of the marvel cinematic universe (which will take time) ? Or is your question just sarcastic?
You better explain it so I have a post to troll. It's been at least 12 hours since I've done so...

You better explain it so I have a post to troll. It's been at least 12 hours since I've done so...
Here's a video that explains everything to Avengers: Age of Ultron. For those who are illiterate with the MCU. This is minus the TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, but those who have followed the entire story line and seen Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D up to now...it basically won't matter.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Is it criminal to say that I didn't like it as much as the first one? And it's not just that Loki was missing…

It was numbing. So much action, I actually got bored. I looked at my watch. I don't usually do that.

I enjoyed Scarlet Witch and Vision. Other than that, I don't even remember much.

I tweeted I was Marvel fatigued. I wonder if anyone else is out there?

Is it criminal to say that I didn't like it as much as the first one? And it's not just that Loki was missing…

It was numbing. So much action, I actually got bored. I looked at my watch. I don't usually do that.

I enjoyed Scarlet Witch and Vision. Other than that, I don't even remember much.

I agree completely. Just go watch Mad Max.

Originally Posted by tramp
Is it criminal to say that I didn't like it as much as the first one?
Not criminal just plain weird.

It was numbing. So much action, I actually got bored.
One of your favorite films is Lord of Rings. Which is three hours long without being extended, and yet you get bored of a little action in a Marvel movie.

I enjoyed Scarlet Witch and Vision. Other than that, I don't even remember much
Sounds like you just don't care for Marvel films whatsoever, let alone even paid attention to the movie. If you can't remember anything from the movie.

Originally Posted by bouncingbrick
Just go watch Mad Max.
Sounds good. Maybe brutality and death is more to your liking.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Not criminal just plain weird.

One of your favorite films is Lord of Rings. Which is three hours long without being extended, and yet you get bored of a little action in a Marvel movie.

Sounds like you just don't care for Marvel films whatsoever, let alone even paid attention to the movie. If you can't remember anything from the movie.

Sounds good. Maybe brutality and death is more to your liking.
Jrs, I love the Marvel films. My avatar is Loki.

It's just that the impression I got was there were a few lines of dialogue, then action, action, action, a minor bit of character development, action, action, action, dialogue, action….. hopefully, you get my drift.

It was disappointing to me that there seemed a lack of Whedon's trademark witty dialogue. It was a bit like the New York battle in Avengers -- it went on forever.

I think Marvel should consider that fatigue could set in. Don't get me wrong, Marvel does a lot right and each actor is perfect in their respective roles. I thought Ultron was well done.

Maybe it's this: in the past, the films, even though they were comic book heroes, seemed to say something about human nature, but this felt very empty.

I have a feeling that was very numbing, correct, LOL?
Not in the least (unless you listen to Sexy Celebrity). It has a very human story at the core. You just have to accept that the film rarely slows down for exposition and that a lot of the character beats are delivered within the action scenes.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.

The amount of action didn't bother me as much as the Iron Man 2 level of subplots and setup for future movies. Between Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, the Banner and Natasha romance, Ultron's creation and upgrades, setting up Civil War and Ragnarok, Hawkeye's family, and probably several other things I've forgotten by now, the movie just felt too busy. I'm sure there were a few in there somewhere but I can't remember any fun little character moments like Coulson asking Cap to sign his cards in the first Avengers movie, which is one my favorite scenes in the MCU. I didn't hate it bit it's a pretty big step down from the first one in my book.

I forget about this and didn't see the reply. Yes I know the issue with Centry Fox that sucks but my question is why one quicksilver is in US and the other from Russia. The first one ir a lie then? because if the comic says that Quicksilver born in Russia I don't understand what was he doing at that young age there also he is supposed not to have parents but in that one he had a mother.

Iroquois...bullsh*t!! Sorry I just don't know that to reply