Rank the Nominees

Tools    

The Oscars, like them or love them, usually manage to honour the best films of the year with at least one solitary nomination so here's the list of this year's nominees. From this, every MovieForumite should rank their favourites. Only rank those that you've seen. I think there's 32 in this list. So if you've managed to see each one then rank them no.1 to no.32. If you've only seen 14, then put Pearl Harbor as no. 14. After a week of voting, I'll tally up the numbers to see what was MovieForum.com's official ranking of the year.

A Beautiful Mind
Gosford Park
In the Bedroom
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Moulin Rouge
Ali
I Am Sam
Training Day
Bridget Jones' Diary
Iris
Monster's Ball
Sexy Beast
Black Hawk Down
Mulholland Dr.
Amelie
Memento
The Royal Tenenbaums
Ghost World
Shrek
The Man Who Wasn't There
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Affair of the Necklace
Pearl Harbor
Monsters Inc.
Artificial Intelligence
Kate & Leopold
Vanilla Sky
Elling
El Hijo de la Novia
Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India
No Man's Land
Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

I'll go.

1. Mulholland Dr.
2. Amelie
3. Lord of the Rings
4. Memento
5. Monsters Inc.
6. Moulin Rouge
7. Gosford Park
8. Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
9. Ali
10.A.I.
11.Iris
12.Vanilla Sky
13.Bridget Jones' Diary
14.Shrek
15.Black Hawk Down

I liked this movie:

Once Upon A Time In India, Jimmy Neutron, the Boy Genius and The Man Who Wasn't There, Took Amelie Out On A Date To Mulholland Drive, Which Is On A Ghost World, Then Took Her To A Monster's Ball Where She Was Voted A Sexy Beast By Kate & Leopard Who Had Artificial Intelligence Like The Lord Of The Rings, Then Took Her To Watch The Vanilla Sky In No Man's Land, Then They Walked In Gosford Park Where He Complimented Her On A Beautiful Mind, Which Got Him In The Bedroom Of Her House, While Her Father Was Having An Affair With A Necklace Named Ali, Who Actually Introduced Herself As "I Am Sam" At Moulin Rouge When He Got Off Work At Monsters Inc., But Since Training Day Was Tomorrow, Jimmy Neutron Had To Go Home And Read "El Hijo de la Novia" Before The Sun Went Black Hawk Down, So He Went Home To Isis And His Royal Tenenbaums, But Not Before Leaving Amelie A Memento Behind, Which She Stuck In Bridget Jones' Diary Later That Night, Where She Wrote About How He Made Her Shrek And About How She Hoped That He'd Buy Her A Sorcerer's Stone Before Harry Potter Does.

FOUR STARS! It's bound to be the delight of this decade.

S.C.

Here's the ones I've seen. I enjoyed 1-19 a whole lot, 20-23 had their moments but I still didn't like them much, and 24 was *****. Amen. Haven't seen the rest.

1. A.I.
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. Vanilla Sky
4. Mulholland Drive
5. Monster's Ball
6. Black Hawk Down
7. The Man Who Wasn't There
8. Ghost World
9. Amelie
10. In the Bedroom
11. A Beautiful Mind
12. Monsters, Inc.