Academy Award Nominations are IN!

Tools    

Here's a question for everyone.
Who deserves the honorary Oscar more, Sydney or Bobby?
Do either of them deserve it? Do they both deserve it? Or does one deserve it and not the other??

I didn't read the entire thread, too big. I just want to say Monster's Ball sucked. I give it a D. The best thing about it was Halle Berry. Too bad the Oscar is going to Kidman. If Berry was up for Best SUPPORTING actress she would win. Very beliveable proformance by her. Also I can't believe Monster's Ball was nominated for best Original Screenplay. WTF!? Watching this movie it was clear to me it was written at the same time it was filmed. One of those let's just start shooting pics. Getting a Nom for Best Original Screenplay is an insult to screenwriters everywhere. Disgusting.

Those of you that predicted Monster's Ball & In the Bedroom would be up for Oscars I have one thing to say...why?? Did you guys actually watch these movies before you predicted? Eeew, man. After having all week off from work and going on a movie binge I wonder if the judges who came up with the nominees were on crack! Jennifer Connely, Marisa Tomei and Sissy Spacek don't even deserve a nomination.

Whew! Ok, I vented.

Those of you that predicted Monster's Ball & In the Bedroom would be up for Oscars I have one thing to say...why?? Did you guys actually watch these movies before you predicted?
Probably not. Do you have to have seen the teams play before to make a guess as to which will win the Super Bowl? It's just a prediction. Not necessarily a personal preference or choice. I haven't seen Monster's Ball, but I seriously doubt I'll dislike it as much as you have.

I hadn't seen Monster's Ball, A Beautiful Mind, In The Bedroom and a whole swag of others before I made my nominations, but I got 30/45 nomination predictions correct. That's not fluking it, it's basically -- you don't need to have seen these films to know they're going to be nominated.

Yes, I saw both In the Bedroom and Monster's Ball before they were Oscar nominated. I liked In the Bedroom and think it deserves every nomination it got, but I found Monster's Ball just OK, save for the two central performances.

But as the others have said, even without seeing them, the Academy's taste is pretty easy to gague. From the trailers and buzz alone it was clear these were "Oscar"-type flicks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Sunfrogolin
I didn't read the entire thread, too big. I just want to say Monster's Ball sucked. I give it a D. The best thing about it was Halle Berry. Too bad the Oscar is going to Kidman. If Berry was up for Best SUPPORTING actress she would win. Very beliveable proformance by her. Also I can't believe Monster's Ball was nominated for best Original Screenplay. WTF!? Watching this movie it was clear to me it was written at the same time it was filmed. One of those let's just start shooting pics. Getting a Nom for Best Original Screenplay is an insult to screenwriters everywhere. Disgusting.

Those of you that predicted Monster's Ball & In the Bedroom would be up for Oscars I have one thing to say...why?? Did you guys actually watch these movies before you predicted? Eeew, man. After having all week off from work and going on a movie binge I wonder if the judges who came up with the nominees were on crack! Jennifer Connely, Marisa Tomei and Sissy Spacek don't even deserve a nomination.

Whew! Ok, I vented.
Why didn't you like these movies?

Guy
Who thinks Washington might take the Oscar? but I read that the past 4 golden globe leading actor winners were different from the oscar winners.