Who do you guys think is a better actor-Brad Pitt or Edward Norton?

Tools    

Who do you guys think is a better actor-Brad Pitt or Edward Norton?
11.11%
2 votes
Brad Pitt
88.89%
16 votes
Edward Norton
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Hi,this is my first post in this board,it seems like a great place,so i thought i'd make a topic and ask what do you guys think?

i don't know if brad pitt chooses his roles or not, but they are all very similar. i think that edward norton has a much wider scope of his acting. brad piss also uses his hands way to much in every role he is doing. in oceans 11 they made him always eating or holding something to stop him from using his hands to much.

Norton. As much as I like Tyler Durden, I don't like seeing him masquerade as other people.

Besides, Norton's roles seem to be a bit more technically challenging.

I don't even have to think about this question. In my humble opinion Edward Norton is a far superior actor to Brad Pitt. Anybody who saw and appreciates American History X and his role in it in my view has to agree that he is the superior actor.

Yeah, AHX. Almost forgot about that. True. True.

I think Eddy did better in Primal Fear than American History X. 'X' I don't think required as much acting, I think you may be letting the strength of the story rub off a little too much on the actor.

However I don't think its fair to say Brad's roles as similar and Ed's aren't. In both Primal Fear and The Score he played someone pretending to be retarded (slow, dumb, whatever).

Then Brad Pitt, Fight Club and 12 Monkeys, somewhat the same character.

You know what though? You could do that for ANY actor. How many times has Robert Dinero played a criminal? A criminal out for one last score? How many times has Pierce Brosnan played a secret agent, or that type? (Bond, Thomas Crown, The Tailor of Panama). How many times has Johnny Depp played a period detective (actually I think both times were the same period, or close). How many times has Al Pacino played a cop? How many times has Gene Hackman played a military officer? Is not Han Solo just a futuristic Indiana Jones?

What I like about Brad Pitt is that, even though he is supposedly the sexiest man alive, he often picks roles that make him look bad. In 12 Monkeys he was a pale long haired psycho with a messed up eye. In Interview with the Vampire he was... well a pale long haired vampire with yellow eyes. In Fight Club he perpetually had a bashed in face.

All in all I think people often pass over Brad's acting talent because he is so pretty. Its like people assuming a playboy playmate or stripper is automatically stupid. When in fact alot of strippers are paying their way through Grad School (well maybe not alot, but some of them).

So I'm voting for Brad Pitt. Not because I think he's that much better than Ed, they are very close. But I think he deserves the recognition.

B&W
Edward Norton

he was mean in American History X and Fight Club

don't get me wrong though, Brad Pitt has been pretty good in all of his latest films e.g. Fight Club, Snatch and The Mexican