Sadie's Best and Worst Dressed at the Globes

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Hey MoFo fans, just thought I'd drop in to dish on who looked swell and who looked like hell.

Best Dressed
==========
#1.Kate Hudson -She was stunning.
#2. Halle Berry- Beautiful dress on a beautiful body.
#3. Ewan Mcgregor- Hot!
#4. Cate Blanchett- So elegant.
#5. Reese Witherspoon- Old school Hollywood.
#6. Hugh Jackman-Classy!
#7. Deborah Messing- She always looks good.
#8. Carrie Ann Moss-Didn't like her hair/dress was gorgeous.
#9. Kate Winslet- Back in Black. The girl lost weight!

Worst Dressed
===========
#1.Sela Ward -Hello Ugly Barbie!
#2. Sissy Spaseck- Wear a dress, eh?
#3. Kevin Spacey-Picture of a dead friend on his shirt. Okay.
#4. Sting-note to Sting, suit is too small for you.
#5. Nichole Kidman-Bangs back...please! Her dress was a curtian!
#6. Cameron Diaz- What the?!
#7. Jennifer Anniston & Brad Pitt-C'mon, how often do you HAVE to dress up?
#8. Jennifer Connely- Kleenex coming out of her cleavage...cute!
#9. Sarah Jessica Parker- Somone should tell her that the necklace was too big, the dress too small, and her hair too short.
Question: What is up with this new Bed-Head style of hair for the gentleman? Ewan, Elija, A bunch of others, all this mohawk-thing, going...what IS that? Looks retarded.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
What's up with this thing where people say they're going to take a break and still continue to post?

I kinda like the "bed-head" style. Kinda wish I had the hair to do mine like that.

Jennifer Connely didn't look terrible in her dress, now you should've said something about Rachel Griffths, that dress was a little on the vintage side. Nicole didn't look terrible, what do you expect from a woman that just got divorced and has been really busy with movies lately? I was kinda wondering about Diaz's dress while watching her on stage. Kinda got me wondering about how smart some people are when they pick these dresses they pick.

I thought Anniston looked very comfortable in what she was wearing. I mean would you want to go to an awards show in something that had you tight in every area of your body? I guess the word I'm looking for is conservative, that's what she looked like. I will agree with you on Sarah Jessica Parker, the funny thing is I caught a thing on ET where their cameras picked her up raising the *ahem* top of her dress before an interview. Found it kinda funny, she really didn't look attractive though. She really never does either. At the end of the show when Brian Grazer and Ron Howard were on stage the camera went to Grazer's wife and the dress she had on was tacky looking if you ask me. I guess I'm not a big fan of any girl thinking she has to show off the majority of her body, while in a dress, to get attention.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

You can't go wrong with a normal freakin' tuxedo, or a plain black dress. Don't get too creative. Less is more. If you must, throw in a brightly colored hairpin, or red sunglasses or something. I'm in awe of how ridiculous some people always manage to look at these shows. I find it hilarious that each and every one of the people dressed up like a complete fool stood in front of the mirror, saw themselves dressed like that, and said "Damn, looks great."

I thought Kidman looked very pretty...weird hair thing going on...but it was appealing anyway. And yeah, "bed-head" is about as accurate as any description is gonna get. Pioneered by, among other people, Jimmy Fallon, it seems. Looks fine in casual situations, I suppose, but it's frightening that some of them actually sit down and have that DONE to them. Probably takes awhile, too.

The only distubing thing about Ewan McGregor's look was that heavy eye make-up. Looked like his Velvet Goldmine eyeliner. But why? Use the Force, Obi-Wan...or at least peek in a mirror before you leave the house.

And I thought Spacey's tribute to friend and director Ted Demme was a neat idea, very heartfelt.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I didn't see the shirt: was it just a plain white t-shirt with Demme's face on it? If so, well, I won't belittle it much...as it's meant well. From a fashion standpoint, though, it's obviously pretty tacky. If it were me, I'd probably wear something more subtle...a pin, or something of the sort, in memory of him. Spacey obviously gets a break, though, in this case. He's exempt from any criticsm coming from my direction, at least.

You didn't see it, so I'll describe it: just above where Spacey's jacket buttons, there was a small photo of Demme. It was the exact same width as his tie, so much so that most people figured that's what the picture was attached to. If Spacey had taken off his jacket you would have seen an oddly-shaped T-Shirt that left complete room around the neck, a huge space in the center under the chin so you could see his regular collared-shirt and tie. It looked like he didn't have a T-Shirt on at all with his jacket buttoned.

In fact, it looks exactly like THIS.

Much time and design obviously went into this. He didn't go down to the beach and have a polaroid of his buddy made into a fuzzy decal and slapped on a T-Shirt. This was a precision operation, and a nice tribute.

Wow, that's actually very impressive. Not at all tacky. Thanks for taking the time to explain it -- I don't think I expected a fuzzy, cheap t-shirt...but I didn't expect something that precise looking. Mucho respect to Spacey for looking good, and paying tribute to Demme tastefully.

There was a moment where they showed Spacey watching at he looked like some sort of lion. He was just sitting there watching the show, and I just thought: he doesn't need to win anything -- he's the King of Hollywood.

And he is.

Fun Topic!

Russell Crowe and Brad Pitt... dudes, please take a shower and shave. Maybe get a haircut while you're at it. I'm down with live and let live but you guys look homeless. Not that there's anything wrong with homeless people. Oh and Billy Bob? The beret looks wacked. Segal even gave his up....years ago.

Sela Ward? Most striking of the evening. Not meant in a complimentary manner. Debra Messing looked "cloaked". I thought she was hiding an uzi under there... now THAT woulda been a cool show!

Halle Berry: You DEFINE Hollywood!