2002 Golden Globes, results

Tools    

So very short. Indeed, that was the main key to Ford's acceptance speech success.

The only blight on that little ceremony was having the monotone and out-of-his-element Ben Affleck give out the award, simply because he's taking over as Jack Ryan. Don't know who Paramount had to pay-off to make that awkward bit happen, but it was silly. Why not have Spielberg (who was there, obviously) or Lucas or Coppola or Mike Nichols or Sydney Pollack or Sean Connery or Carrie Fisher or Sigourney Weaver or Michelle Pfeiffer or James Earl Jones or Brad Pitt or virtually ANYBODY else besides Affleck do it? I mean I realize they all had their say recently at the AFI Life Achievement Award, in a much more dignified and meaningful ceremony, but still.

At least it was short.

The clip package was fine, but honestly I could have put together a better one.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'll agree with that. It was a boring little showcase.

Has the winner of the Thalberg award been announced yet, or is that coming out with the Oscar Nominations?

Thanks.

Did anyone else notice [and laugh] at the way Jim Broadbent didn't know who was giving him the award? He said "The Golden Globes Association"...

It was a kind of an awkward moment, thank God people were clapping loudly.

Would have been worse had he said "And to the people who give the Golden Globes out...."