56.25%
9 votes
She's OK. Don't care much.
25.00%
4 votes
She's gorgeous you blind child!
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

gone
Our office debate is getting out of hand.

I personally find Julia Roberts revolting and I cannot understand what people find to be attractive about her...

I would like this poll to be an extension of the workplace

so far:

4 people think she's unattractive
3 think shes gorgeous
7 abstain

Now With Moveable Parts
I agree with you. She's revolting.

Now With Moveable Parts
You and I absolutely DO NOT agree on what is pretty. Do you realize the only times you and I usually disagree, is over attractiveness? Wait, we did agree that Natalie Portman is a hottie, right? So...there's a start.
Julia Roberts, though? Eeegads!

I agreed to no such thing! I hate the word "hottie." With a vengeance. It sounds so...stupid. I don't like referring to people as "hot" either, though that's not as bad. We will agree, however, that Natalie Portman is beautiful.

Now With Moveable Parts
Aw T, you are such a hottie.[enter the lovey-dovey face I requested a long time ago!]

What's a lovey-dovey face supposed to look like? I could probably find one that has a smilie making a kissie-face or something like that. Anyway, I ain't no hottie...I'm handsome, damnitt. Hmmm, back on topic: how can you really say she's UGLY? I can understand someone saying "I don't think she's as beautiful as everyone says," but ugly? That seems pretty harsh. I don't think all that many people are genuinely ugly.

i dont mind her looks i just hate her!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

gone
Well if you see mystic pizza, she's definately ugly in that!

I always get the feeling that she's wearing braces too... I don't know why everytime she opens her gob I feel I can see phantom metal on her teeth.

God now to mention her personality, that's another rant altogether, why can't celebrities at least learn how to act sincere in public? they always seem like they just stepped out of an assembly line...

The more honest ones (or appear to be honest) are always the most popular, so why is she so popular?

gone
Just a gentle reminder to the good people out there who we are polling about:

(arghhh help my mouth is eating away at my face)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	julia.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	37  

She is OK but there are others far better and those pictures aren't exactly flattering...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I used to think she was just fine, but people keep going and on about her, and I'm beginning to show dislike towards her.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

gone
I didn't care much for her, she never affected me, then everyone is praising her, espcially for Erin Brokokokoko... which I couldn't care less about after I saw, and then you find out she's highest paid female and commands so much power and you're thinking WHAT THE F!!! how did that happen?

I think, if they're going to pay her soooo much, they should at least give her some better movies to star in. America's Sweetheart's Booooo, Runaway Bride Boooooooooooo.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
I used to think she was just fine, but people keep going and on about her, and I'm beginning to show dislike towards her.
Ha! My master plan is working!*evil laugh*

Julia who?

And then you find out she's [the] highest paid female and commands so much power and you're thinking WHAT THE F!!!, how did that happen?
It happened for a simple and obvious reason: her movies make sh!tloads of money. How good or bad they are is irrelevant when talking about her salary and ability to get projects made. She is incredibly bankable. Look at the streak she's been on since 1997...

MOVIE, and approx. U.S. gross
My Best Friend's Wedding (1997), $150-million
Conspiracy Theory (1997), $75-million
Stepmom (1998), $90-million
Notting Hill (1999), $115-million
Runaway Bride (1999), $150-million
Erin Brockovich (2000), $125-million
The Mexican (2001), $65-million
America's Sweethearts (2001), $93-million
Ocean's Eleven (2001), $153-million (thus far)

And that doesn't even begin to factor in her total worldwide reciepts. Like her, love her, or hate her, she's a sure bet at the boxoffice. Duh, that's why she gets paid so much and wields considerable power in Hollywood. Quality doesn't enter into it. T'ain't exactly hard to figure.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That truly shows how idiotic Hollywood is. To bank on someone simply because they bring in money is really a cheap way to make money. (read through that sentence again and it didn't make sense, I'll leave it there though)

Now, I really hate her. If she had a movie out with a good story, I wouldn't mind her, but all these crap movies she's in only shows you that her and her brother are one in the same. He just gets less money.

What, you didn't like "My Best Friend's Wedding"? I loved that movie. It was hilarious...and every entertaining. And yeah, Spud, it dudn't make sense. It's perfectly reasonable for a studio to pay a lot of money to someone who helps their films make money.