Peter Jackson, what's your favorite and why?

Tools    

What's your favorite Peter Jackson Film
12.50%
2 votes
Bad Taste (1987)
0%
0 votes
Meet the Feebles (1989)
12.50%
2 votes
Braindead (1992)
6.25%
1 votes
Heavenly Creatures (1994)
0%
0 votes
Frighteners, The (1996)
0%
0 votes
Forgotten Silver (1996)
68.75%
11 votes
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001)
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I think this guys a pretty cool director I haven't seen LOTR so I can't comment on that movie yet. I think he has a very sick sense of humor but it goes well with most of his subject matter plus he's not that bad of an actor just check out his performance in Bad Taste

also I don't want this to turn this into another LOTR thread if you like that one the most that's cool but tell me what you think of some of his other films too.

what do you think of the guys body of work not just one of his films

thanks

Has to be The Fellowship of the Ring. It's far and away his most ambitious undertaking, and with the way those books are beloved by so many generations, the margin for error was nonexistent. Everybody hoped for the best, but down deep every fan who had seen one awful adaptation after another in the realm of Fantasy, Sci-Fi and comic books knew the chances of failure were enormous. That Peter Jackson pulled it off so brilliantly, satisfying EVERYbody - hardcore fans, newcomers, and those who have never heard of a Hobbit before, it is an amazing accomplishment.

Before The Lord of the Rings, I would have said Heavenly Creatures without hesitation, which is such an inventive and wonderful way to treat a true crime story. After that, I love "Forgotten Silver". It's only about an hour long and made-for-TV, but it holds a special place among mocumentaries and is very well done.

I know there are tons of fans for Bad Taste and Dead Alive, but other than as fun documents of how far he's come and a look at his warped sense of humor, I don't have much use for them myself. It's fun ultra-low budget filmmaking, but that's about it. Meet the Feebles falls likewise in this same category, but it's elevated for me anyway because of the sheer fu*ked-up inventiveness of the idea.

I didn't care much for The Frighteners and thought it could have been/should have been more than it was. They missed on that delicate tone between horror/comedy or comedy/horror, a mix pulled off so well in An American Werewolf in London and Ghostbusters, but rarely duplicated. Those are good special effects, especially considering they were figured out in-house over in New Zealand, and definitely a stepping stone to the visual achievements of The Lord of the Rings. But the overall movie should have been so much better than it is.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Gonna move this bad boy over to Awards, Actors, and Directors.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I voted on LOTR, of course, haven't seen any of his other films besides The Frighteners. I liked it, not too many people do, but I did. Own it on VHS.

Guy
Haven't seen any of his other work except Fellowship, but I'm sure if I see them all my answer will be the same.

His filmography is interesting.. I would like to see some of those (like Meet the Feebles), but I doubt they will be better than Fellowship!

gone
But how can you doubt what you don't know!

Braindead is by far the best

Theres a lack of good horror films. Although that could be considered a comedy.

The camp/cheese factor is spot on too

I KICK ARSE IN THE NAME OF THE LORD

(soz just thought that's a worthy addition to my post

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Braindead kicks the butt of all his other films, except maybe Heavenly Creatures, having to choose between the two is hard. Braindead has the Rat Monkey, but Heavenly Creatures has Kate Winslet...It's hard to decide which I like more. Kate Winslet, really, but the Rat Monkey is funnier. "I kick Arse for The Lord!"

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

gone
actually I saw Bad Taste again, and now I'm really confused

Bad Taste

Braindead

or as you said Heavenly creatures

******** isn't that what the poll is for?

Can i not give a third to each please?

gone
hey why in ****s name is god-damn-it censored?

that's not a ****ing cuss word

********!

B&W
its blasphamy

u dont really want God to send 'it' to hell do you?