What Critically Acclaimed Films Have You Not Seen?

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have never seen Scarface, the Godfather series, Schindler's List, or Pulp Fiction. I'll probably end up watching Scarface and Schindler's List down the line, but I guess it depends on my reaction toward Scarface before I watch Godfather.

but I guess it depends on my reaction toward Scarface before I watch Godfather.
They are both good films but I find them quite different.So watch both.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Good,The Bad and The Ugly
Modern Times
Rashamon
Persona
Tokyo Story

Yeah I got quite alot more to see, but like they say gotta take it one step at a time.

Does The Shawshank Redemption count?

If so, that one.

^You should watch that asap bro. It's a very good film, makes you feel all warm inside.

Haven't watched Werckmeister harmonies and Satantango, by that famous Hungarian director, several acclaimed Hithcock films, some acclaimed Kurosawa films from the 1960's besides any films by Sergei Eisenstein and Orson Welles films besides Citizen Kane and A Touch of Evil (his two most famous) and every Godard film except Breatless and every Bresson film.
I corrected all that already. I have already watched most films Bresson made.

Critically acclaimed films I have never seen:

CASABLANCA

ON THE WATERFRONT

SCHINDLER'S LIST

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (Seen bits and pieces but have not watched from beginning to end)

UNFORGIVEN

PATTON

RAGING BULL

THE SOCIAL NETWORK

THE ARTIST

THE KING'S SPEECH

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
THE ARTIST

THE KING'S SPEECH

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
Don't bother. Instead, go with some less superficial and sensational titles.

Replace The Artist with Miguel Gomes' Tabu

Replace The King's Speech with Lincoln

Replace Silver Linings Playbook with The Deep Blue Sea

Three films in the same vein as the ones you mentioned.

Don't bother. Instead, go with some less superficial and sensational titles.

Replace The Artist with Miguel Gomes' Tabu

Replace The King's Speech with Lincoln

Replace Silver Linings Playbook with The Deep Blue Sea

Three films in the same vein as the ones you mentioned.
Okay, I know you don't like Silver Linings Playbook, but what's so bad about The Artist and The King's Speech?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Okay, I know you don't like Silver Linings Playbook, but what's so bad about The Artist and The King's Speech?
The Artist is a superficial and not very interesting homage to silent film while Tabu (or perhaps a Guy Maddin film, though he's certainly not without problems) is a much fuller homage that can stand on his own and has depth to the story that the former was missing.

As for The King's Speech, I hate Hooper's shooting style and cinematography. I know the arguments for it, and I can understand some possible thematic reasoning for it, but I still think it's a pretty crude mode of filmmaking. Plus, I think Lincoln is more interesting in that it doesn't follow the usual model of historical filmmaking, further enforced by the success of Hooper's film, which is focusing on singular character self-actualization. Spielberg's is much more interested in history and the way our nation came to be than it is on the president himself. I just found it more interesting to watch. The King's Speech is a story of a man overcoming his fears, it's just given a greater impact because of who this man is, but Lincoln is fundamentally and holistically enveloped in its period, narrative and setting are inseparable. Hooper's film could be told in another period, form another perspective, its setting gives the narrative a greater impact whereas Spielberg's film is fundamentally enveloped in its period, setting and narrative are inseparable, and I find that more interesting.

The Artist is a superficial and not very interesting homage to silent film while Tabu (or perhaps a Guy Maddin film, though he's certainly not without problems) is a much fuller homage that can stand on his own and has depth to the story that the former was missing.

As for The King's Speech, I hate Hooper's shooting style and cinematography. I know the arguments for it, and I can understand some possible thematic reasoning for it, but I still think it's a pretty crude mode of filmmaking. Plus, I think Lincoln more interesting in that it doesn't follow the usual model of historical filmmaking, further enforced by the success of Hooper's film, which is focusing on singular character self-actualization. Spielberg's is much more interested in history and the way our nation came to be than it is on the president himself. I just found it more interesting.
Well I thought The Artist was interesting as both a homage and an individual story, although I have heard similar complaints to yours regarding it. I actually have Tabu available to watch and was going to try and watch it last year when the end of the year lists and such were being published. I have only seen Maddin's Heart of the World, and I did like that a lot actually.

And with The King's Speech I don't agree with your complaints. Whilst Hooper's style is different, I feel whilst it can be criticised for something like Les Mis, it works perfectly and really aids the story in The King's Speech and I don't think it's as noticeable or affects a movie as much as critics like to think, I think the people who are going to enjoy something like Les Mis won't be particularly concerned with the close-up and wide-angle shots, I think Hooper is clever in knowing that some of his audience will probably find this more powerful and emotional in fact. But I give The King's Speech and Lincoln probably the same ratings, maybe slightly preferring the latter, but both are strong films in my opinion.

Kunius Reviews Google Us
I'm yet to see Tokyo Story
The Good,The Bad and The Ugly

any others perhaps thrillers anyone can suggest would be appreciated.

Pulp Fiction, which I've been trying to find on DVD.

Modern ones that I'm interested in:

The Town
Argo
50/50
Flight
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Mud
Warrior
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I still haven't seen quite a bit:
Seven Samurai-Really want to watch, shall one day soon.
Gladiator-I know this film is awesome, I simply haven't seen it yet.
Rear Window-Hitchcock is awesome, but I still gotta see this film. I know it's a masterpiece.

Singin' In the Rain
Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles
The Battle of Algiers

Hoping to see them all soon.

Rear Window-Hitchcock is awesome, but I still gotta see this film. I know it's a masterpiece.
Oh yeah, I recommend that for sure! It's a really easy watch, as well. If you're in the mood for some mystery and great dialogue, this will be perfect.

Every silent films, Scarface, Every Godard, Fellini, all those arthouse directors that have a lot of movies in the criterion collection. I'd love to see those films, but I don't know where I can find them