Chuck Jones, R.I.P.

Tools    

For anyone who hasn't heard, Chuck Jones passed away.

The 89-year-old was an animator and director, responsible for the antics of - and in some cases the very creation of - many beloved Warner Bros. cartoon characters, including The Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote, Marvin the Martian, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe le Pew, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, and on and on and on. Some of the very best classic WB cartoons were designed and directed by Chuck Jones. One of the most strongly identified with him and indicitive of his graphic style and comic timing is "One Froggy Evening", the one about the singing and dancing frog that won't sing and dance when he's supposed to. There are hundreds of others to his impressive credit.

His most famous non-Warner Bros. work has to be How the Grinch Stole Christmas, still as amusing on the three-hundredth viewing as it was the first time you ever saw it. But my personal favorite was and is still his adaptation of Kipling's Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.

If you've never read his autobiography, Chuck Amuck, do so A.S.A.P. Of course it it full of illustrations and stills from his work.

It's certainly not wabbit season today.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i heard it on the radio........i grew up with all his animated creations.

......he leaves behind a cartoon legacy.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I saw something on iMDB today and I couldn't believe it, the man was simply THE man. I mean I'm always watching Cartoon Network, well, not always just sometimes.

He will be missed a lot.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg