Potential Foreign Film Oscar Candidates

Tools    

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Well.......considering the potential oscar candidate thread focuses mainly on english films, I was interested in seeing what you consider worthy of the "Best Foreign Film Oscar."

The three I was considering were:
`In The Mood For Love
`Amelie
`Amores Perros.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

No Man's Land (Bosnian) is going to be there, as well as Kandahar (Iranian), no doubt about either - I don't think anyway. Then maybe Lumumba (Belgian), Nuit de Noces (Canadian), or Abril Despedacado (Brazilian).

Amores Perros was elligible and nominated last year. Of course it lost to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Amelie and In the Mood for Love should both get nods.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Unfortunately the ones I mentioned are the only ones that have seen releases here

Pity about Amores though.

I hope the nominees are Amelie, The Princess and the Warrior, In the Mood For Love, The Widow of St. Pierre, and Amores Perros, bearing in mind that I haven't yet seen The Circle, Kandahar, The Day I Became a Woman, The Gleaners and I, or No Man's Land. THere's others I missed too, I forget them though. Sucks that Amores Perros isnt eligible.

As I said though, Amores Perros was nominated last year when it was elligible.

And I loved The Princess & the Warrior (included among my personal top ten picks for the year), but I don't think it has much chance at an Oscar nomination, unfortunately.

The Brotherhood of the wolf, derfinatley, but amelie for nom.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

The Brotherhood of the Wolf has absolutely zero chance. Each country is allowed to submit only one entry. France's official selection will surely be Amelie, and not The Brotherhood of the Wolf.

that makes sense, i would rather have "Le Pacte" but amelie is a more everyone film, and it has a better chance.